Good Tip on Organizing District Websites!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by HOPE-fulTeacher, Jun 13, 2012.

1. HOPE-fulTeacher

HOPE-fulTeacher Comrade

Jun 13, 2012

Hey all!

I know many people are searching hundreds of districts' websites for job postings and (most likely) saving all those pages in their bookmarks. I am taking a tech. class this week and learned about a website called Symbaloo that I thought might really help with this. It's just called symbaloo.com and it's basically a "visual" wall of bookmarks.

It looks like a bunch of tiles, and you can assign a website to each tile, then label and color code them for easy reference. So, for example, you could put County X's schools in pink in the left corner, County Y's schools in blue next to it, etc. When you click on a tile, it opens up a new tab and takes you right to the linked website.

The tile wall is called a "webmix" and you can have more than one of them, so you could also create a Webmix for each county or state....however you want to organize it.

It's free and it's already been a help to me in organizing my learning games and activity websites! Check it out! :)

3. gutterballjen

gutterballjen Comrade

Jun 14, 2012

I might have to try this! Thanks for the info! :)

4. Myrisophilist

Myrisophilist Habitué

Jun 14, 2012

Sounds perfect for people as obsessed with organizing as me! Feeding the addiction!

5. ayla

ayla Companion

Jun 17, 2012

That's cool. I just had a huge excel file, with the last date I had viewed the openings on the website, the date I applied, the last date I had been contacted by each district, etc.