good teacher stores in NJ

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by RLBteacher, Jul 15, 2005.

1. RLBteacher

RLBteacher Rookie

Jul 15, 2005

I know a lot of you are from NJ (yay!). Does anyone know of any "secret" great teacher stores in the North Jersey area? I know a couple of them, but they are really small and really expensive. I don't have any scholastic warehouses very close to me (I think the closest one is in NYC). There was a wonderful one in PA where I went to college, but I haven't found an equivalent nearby my house. Suggestions?

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 15, 2005

I'm at exit 168 off parkway (ok people, we're from NJ we talk exits!!) There is a teacher store down the parkway a few exits, maybe near route 80- maybe Boslands is the name or something like that? Where are you?

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 15, 2005

OK - here it is: Bosland's Learning Plus, 280 Midland Ave, Saddlebrook, 201-797-6700. I think it's near route 80 exit off parkway. (oK, OK, I know it's another exit reference- that's how we 'tawk' around here!!)

5. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Jul 15, 2005

I go to Boslands as well. I can spend half a day there going through everything. There is some type of education warehouse in Wayne and a teaching store in Morristown and one on rt 10. I don't know the names.

6. jenglish97

jenglish97 Devotee

Jul 15, 2005

There is at teaching store in Randolph on Rt 10 W near Roxbury called The Educational Warehouse and the one in Morristown is called The Teaching Room. We also have a Lakeshore Learning Store in Hackesack and in New Brunswick... Go to www.lakeshorelearning.com to get directions to these places. We use to have a Hammetts in Denville but that store closed this year.

7. RLBteacher

RLBteacher Rookie

Jul 16, 2005

I'll def check out all those places.. i don't know where hammetts is in Denville (that's where I live) but i know there's another place in downtown that's still open. I forgot about the place on rt. 10! I'll have to check it out. I'll have to look up that place in Wayne as well. Thanks!

8. jenglish97

jenglish97 Devotee

Jul 28, 2005

Hi RLBteacher-

The Hammett's store was in the Denville Commons... They were only there about 1 year 1/2. I live in Randolph and use to drive by it all the time.

9. kidsIam

kidsIam Rookie

Jul 28, 2005

Last edited: Jul 28, 2005
  10. moomoo8960

moomoo8960 Rookie

Jul 29, 2005

NJ school supplies

Hi!!!

I am from NJ and there is a warehouse that sells school supplies at a discount and I have neard good things about it. It is called "Something Special" located in BUrlington, NJ
    609-387-5785.

Happy Shopping!

11. RLBteacher

RLBteacher Rookie

Aug 7, 2005

found it!

I finally found out the place I was thinking of. It's kind of a hidden resource for NJ teachers, but I have to share! There are several Learning Resouce Centers. The one in morris county is basically hidden in an office complex in Florham park, but this website gives directions and information about the other ones in NJ too. You have to pay a small fee (2 bucks i think) but you can laminate massive quantities of things for very very little money. Also, they have a wide selection of publications, Elison letter machine patterns, laminating, you name it, they probably have it. It's much cheaper than any teaching store you could go to. No wonder why they try to keep it under wraps!! :p

12. RLBteacher

RLBteacher Rookie

Aug 7, 2005