Good read aloud novel?

Discussion in 'Fifth Grade' started by 100%Canadian, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Eneli

Eneli Rookie

Jan 3, 2008

My students love Frindle and I gave it to my cousin as a present and he read it in three nights. I now gave him another one in the series. I just finished reading Off and Running by Gary Soto with my on level guided reading students and they loved it. When we return from winter break, I am going to start There's a Girl in the Boys Lockeroom as a read aloud. My students also loved My Teacher is an Alien (a silly science fiction book). It kept them at the edge of their seats all the time. Last year my students enjoyed Sixth Grade Can Reallly Kill You. I teach fifth graders and I read it right when we start the middle school transfer paperwork. I enjoy seeing their faces when I read the title for the first time. I have also read Help, I'm a Prisoner in the Library to my students. My last suggestion is not on the fifth grade level, but as a Dr. Seuss Fan, I can't help but suggest Hooray for Diffendoofer Day! I always read it the day before our big FCAT test. It helps settle the anxiety! Hope these suggestions help!