Good Paid Subscription for handouts, lesson plans, worksheets?

Discussion in 'New Teachers' started by QQQ, Sep 2, 2008.

1. QQQ

QQQ Rookie

Sep 2, 2008

I'm a first year teacher and as crazy as the first week was, I'm really enjoying myself now!.. I am an ESL as well as Remedial teacher from grades 4 to 11 and thats a LOT of lesson plans :eek: Do any of the seasoned or newer teachers know of a website where I can get good quality handouts, thematic lesson plans, printable books etc- something to get me by these first few months? Basically, I need some hand holding :eek:

I dont mind paying a certain amount but the material has to be good. I am currently looking at edhelper and teach-nology.com? Are they good? Any other suggestions? I'm rather clueless and would really appreciate suggestions/pointers about good quality teaching materials online

Thaaank you!

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Sep 2, 2008

I was going to suggest edhelper.

4. WaterfallLady

WaterfallLady Enthusiast

Sep 2, 2008

I teach a similar population, special ed. grades 6-12 who are at all sorts of grade levels. I really love Edhelper. None of the stuff looks babyish so even if you have a high school kid doing a second grade worksheet, they wouldn't know.

I use ESL worksheets a lot because they teach the same concepts with low vocabulary. I don't know the web address, but I love Boggles World ESL which is free.

5. Doug_HSTeach_07

Doug_HSTeach_07 Comrade

Sep 2, 2008

lessonplanet.com is a gold mine.