Good Movies/Documentaries to Show

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by mrsroos, Jul 28, 2014.

1. mrsroos

mrsroos Rookie

Jul 28, 2014

Its the last week of summer school!! yay!!! My kids have worked very hard these past 4 weeks and I wanted to show them a movie/documentary the last two days! Are there any you can recommend?? I want them to be able to learn something from it :) We did work on literary terms so I was thinking something with Irony? But I also showed my other class Craigslist Joe and they loved it. They were able to see how you can do whatever you set your mind to! Due to where I am teaching any modivation would be great for them! okay sorry for rambling please help :woot:

3. readingrules12

readingrules12 Aficionado

Jul 28, 2014

Gifted Hands is a great movie and free on YouTube. It use to be on NetFlix, but it wasn't there last I checked. It is also possibly at a library or amazon prime. It is a great and amazing true story of a student who was the lowest student in his 5th grade class and eventually became one of the greatest brain surgeons in the world.

There is a great 7 minute "trailer" that will help you better to see if it is something you wish to show. I listed it below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z50IXLstrDY

4. Milsey

Milsey Habitué

Aug 7, 2014

ABD - Anything But Disney (or Dollhouse) :D