Good Movement CDs

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by bethany1120, Sep 15, 2006.

1. bethany1120

bethany1120 Companion

Sep 15, 2006

I love to use music when I have a short time slot to fill, or just when my kids need some movement. I love the tuddy tah song, and use that a lot, but I need some more fun dance songs! Does anyone know of good CD's that have lots of different dancing songs (with movements that the kids can easily follow)? I have a lot of CD's with good kids songs, but not necesarrily with dance moves to follow. Let me know if you have a good idea! :D

3. MissB

MissB Companion

Sep 15, 2006

Any Dr. Jean CD. The kids love them. She has a bunch of cd's. My kids' favorite song is "Tooty-ta". I can't remember the name of the CD.

4. MissB

MissB Companion

Sep 15, 2006

Haha- I just re-read your post and realized you mentioned the same song I did! Sorry!

5. preknikki

preknikki Rookie

Sep 15, 2006

I teach Preschool and my kids love any Greg and Steve CD's and they also love a new CD I just got. It is by Jack Hartman and I think it is called the Hip Hop Alphabet maybe??? I know it's Hip Hop Something. There is a Goodmorning movement song and a Pirate movement song that my kids love. They also love Laurie Berkner. I hope this helps some!

6. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Sep 15, 2006

Yes, definately what the others mentioned. Also, a few weeks ago a teacher gave me some Jack Hartmann CDs. They involve A LOT of movement and the songs are very cute.

7. bethany1120

bethany1120 Companion

Sep 15, 2006

Actually, Jack Hartman is the one I use I love tooty-ta because it tells the kids the movements to do. I want to find more songs like that....

8. sevenplus

sevenplus Connoisseur

Sep 15, 2006

All the cds I have have some movement songs mixed in with other stuff. Check out some of Jim Gill's stuff. Really silly songs. Some with movements.

Greg and Steve have been mentioned. They have one called "on the move" that has, well, lots of movement stuff!

I always check cds out from my public library. If I really like them, then I buy myself a copy.

9. Preschool Liss

Preschool Liss Rookie

Sep 15, 2006

MissB was right!! Any Dr. Jean CD is good. That's about all we listen to in our classroom (the kids always request them!). The Tooty Ta is on the 'Dr. Jean and Friends' CD, and some of our favorites are on the 'Keep on Singing and Dancing with Dr. Jean' CD (the Peanut Butter song is one of the best in the children's opinion!)

10. kinderblocks

kinderblocks Rookie

Sep 18, 2006

I use Greg and Steve Big Fun. On the CD it has Silly Willies, the Chicken Dance which also has Itsy Bitsy Spider and Head and Shoulders on the same song. We also use a Tony Chesnut song.

11. daysy_may

daysy_may Groupie

Sep 18, 2006

Can you get Dr. Jean cd's in stores? I was in Borders the other day and couldn't find any there. :( My kids need something to help with clean up time, besides me singing.:D

12. LakeSophie

LakeSophie Comrade

Sep 19, 2006

Favorite of my class: "head, shoulders, knees & toes". We start off real slow & work up to really fast. The other day I made a new rule that the faster we went, the softer our voices had to go. That was so much fun!

13. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Sep 20, 2006

Hap Palmer. I wouldn't be without his music.