Good luck tomorrow, CBEST takers!

Discussion in 'Basic Skills Tests' started by TeacherGroupie, Oct 7, 2005.

1. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Oct 7, 2005

Best of luck to everyone taking the CBEST tomorrow, Oct. 8. Please remember to take a commercially bottled liter of water with you (remove the label first); please remember your ID and leave your cell phone and calculator at home; please take at least one break, especially if you feel yourself panicking; please don't second-guess your answers; and please do remember that the good wishes of the A to Z community go with you.

3. WonderW05

WonderW05 Comrade

Oct 7, 2005

CBEST October 8th

Thanks TeacherGroupie

Before comming to this site I was so nervous and well just plain lost. My views on the tests have dratmatically changed and just knowing that I am not the only one struggling with test taking is half the battle. I know that eventually I am going to pass, so thanks again for going the extra mile to encourge and inspire us to do what we love to do and that is...making a difference.

I'll be sure to post when I get home after taking the test. To let you all know how it went.
    Please think good thoughts for me.. :thanks:

4. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Oct 8, 2005

You're welcome, WonderW05. Go pay it forward by intervening gently with your future students when THEY feel stuck.

5. WonderW05

WonderW05 Comrade

Oct 24, 2005

I Did It!!

I passed the CBEST! It was amazing to go online and see the score staring me right in the face. I thought for sure that I had not passed. Let me tell you why.
    It wasn't that I did not study. I did really hard. I made sure that I got rest the night before, and made extra time for me to make it to the testing site. However, when I arrived there were only about a handful of cars there. Holy Cow! They changed the testing site because there were so many people. I had forgotten to check the address because it had always been given at the same site. So I panicked an rushed to the school and there was no Parking! I freaked..okay finally found one and rushed to the room. Once I took the test I so wanted to change my answers( I am really bad about that) but I vowed to everyone who knows me that I wouldn't anymore.

After all that......I still PASSED!!!!

I used flash cards, the study guide and another book which was really great it is called math word problems demystified( I was bad at word problem solving) by Allan G Bluman.
    It is a great book if you want to spend the money.

I know that one person said that it is an easy test but for me, I had a hard time, and passing this test was a huge accomplishment. Just study, study, study until your brain is full. Be sure to follow teachergroupies advice and yes, I did go outside and take breaks. It works....I am definitely going to have a big chocolate bar to celebrate..teachergroupie! Now onward I go to study and pass my last two CSET tests!

Best wishes to those taking the test in December..

6. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Oct 24, 2005

High five!