Good Luck This Week

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by l8ybugmom, Aug 31, 2009.

1. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

Aug 31, 2009

Just thought I'd start a good luck/good vibe this week for all of us jobseekers out there. I'm not going to lie...if school is starting this week in your area and you don't have a job lined up, it is going to be hard. It's okay to be sad or even cry (I did) but don't give up hope. :hugs: I know not every area is like mine but there have been postings every week since school started and we're in our 4th week. Some I'm not qualified for but someone in my area is...and good for that person for getting a job! Point is, there is still hope!

For those of you who have interviews scheduled...GOOD LUCK! :)
    For those of trying to get an interview...GOOD LUCK!!! :)
    For those of you waiting on a P to call you back to offer you a job...GOOD LUCK :)
    And those of you who were able to land a job and will be starting this week...GOOD LUCK!!:)

Now I'm off to go get ready to hand deliver resumes for interim positions and I pray there are some full time openings posted this week! :)

3. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

Aug 31, 2009

I second that! Good luck to all :)

4. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Aug 31, 2009

Good luck to everyone!

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 31, 2009

6. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

Aug 31, 2009

Thanks, Aliceacc! :) A lot of districts looking for teachers!

7. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Aug 31, 2009

Thanks for the vote of confidence! Just got a call for an interview 5 minutes ago :)

8. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

Aug 31, 2009

Good luck, TeacherNY!!! When is it?? :)

9. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Aug 31, 2009

THanks. It's on Wednesday but the exact location is "to be deterimined". I'm supposed to get a call back today. We'll see LOL

10. katrinkakat

katrinkakat Connoisseur

Aug 31, 2009

Good luck everyone!

11. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Aug 31, 2009

Good luck, TeacherNY!

I just got called for an interview too - a 12 week LTS teaching position in 2nd grade! Mine is on Wednesday as well.

I woke up an hour or so ago and did the usual routine of getting online and checking all the districts postings. It's getting real old. And then, I got the call for the interview. A breath of fresh air.

Good luck to everyone this week!

12. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 31, 2009

Good luck TeacherNY and emma on your interviews!!!

Good luck and great vibes for all!

13. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Aug 31, 2009

YOU GUYS ROCK! You will find that job - Just keep on looking and the perfect school will land in your laps OR you will find something to help you gain experience!

14. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Aug 31, 2009

I still don't know where my interview is. It could be at one of two schools. That's all I know. This is the goofy district that interviewed me for the wrong position last time so I won't hold my breath that the lady will call me back :confused:

15. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

Aug 31, 2009

How frustrating! Do you have a contact # to call them tomorrow if you don't hear from them first??

SCT, I wish I could sit here and do nothing and the perfect job would fall into my lap... :) Of course, I know that isn't how works and I also know I wouldn't appreciate the job as much if it came that easily. :)

16. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Aug 31, 2009

Aww... Come on, you deserve easy just once. Let me live my dream. Keep on - Keeping on!:)

17. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Aug 31, 2009

Nope, no number (unlisted on caller ID)and I don't know the name of the woman who called me. I didn't think to ask her name or # since she said she'd call me back. I don't know why she wasted her time calling me to set up a time for Wednesday if she was going to flake out and not tell me WHERE IT WAS! My husband told me if I don't hear from her to call both schools and ask!! GRRRRRR

18. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

Sep 1, 2009

Well maybe she got busy or had some sort of emergency she had to take care of. Hopefully, you'll get the call today and if not...I think you have a good plan by calling both schools! Someone at one of them would have to know something! :)

19. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

Sep 1, 2009

Interim Interview!

Probably should have posted this on my other thread regarding contacting the P's after dropping off my resume but since this is the good luck/good vibe thread, thought I would do it here....

Just got an email from a P who is setting up interviews for a K interim position on Friday! Yea! Looks like I have an interview. I had to name three times so I named three of the late times (although, I wasn't given the time increments so I figured 15 minutes/piece)...I told my husband maybe the problem with my interviews is that I keep going for the earlier slots and maybe if I go for the later ones I'll stay in their minds longer! I figure what I've been doing hasn't been working so I should change it up! :)

Update: My interview time will be 11:00 on Friday! :) I realized that this is for a month long interim starting on 9/28 but if I get it, then it was meant to be.

20. katrinkakat

katrinkakat Connoisseur

Sep 1, 2009

Yep! Good luck l8ybugmom :D

21. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Sep 1, 2009

Yay, l8ybugmom! That's so funny that you were trying to figure out the amount of time per interview! I also try to figure out, "If the interviews are 1 hour long, they can only interview x people a day...so they must be interviewing x amount of people altogether." Ha! Yesterday, when I was called for the LTS interview, I was told either Wedneday or Thursday. Typically, I always take the last day, but this time I switched it up and went for Wednesday. I've noticed that I'm having a tendency to think too much about the other people that may be interviewing. I want to go first and just have the confidence that I'm going to wow them so much. Good luck!

22. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Sep 1, 2009

YAY! Weird lady called back! She wanted to know if I was still coming in tomorrow for the interview! Sure, I'll show up if you tell me where I'm supposed to show up!! She laughed and then told me haha. Hubby is going to take me there tonight so I don't get lost tomorrow. It's actually at an alternative school so I have a lot of homework to do tonight :unsure: School starts next week so I hope they make their decision quickly!

23. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Sep 1, 2009

Awesome, TeacherNY! I hope they don't pull any more funny business on you!

24. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

Sep 1, 2009

I HAD to think about the time because the P gave me 9:30-11:30 and I was supposed to name 3 times and he would he email me my time. I didn't know the increments. I just started from the end. Anyway, like I said I've been doing things one way and it hasn't worked so I'm trying them a different way. :) Hopefully the same will work for you! :)

BTW, I do know what you are talking about...I do the same thing trying to figure out how many applicants I'm up agains. LOL! It's those weird mind games we play with ourselves. :lol:

TeacherNY, don't want to name call but that lady seems ditzy! Good luck tomorrow! I'm sure you'll wow them!

25. katrinkakat

katrinkakat Connoisseur

Sep 1, 2009

Wow! Good luck tomorrow TeacherNY!!!

26. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Sep 1, 2009

Thanks guys! That lady did seem ditzy. She asked me if I knew where the school was. I told her I had GPS so all I needed was the address. She said ok well go down this street and take a right, blah blah. Ummm...don't think she knew what GPS was.

27. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Sep 1, 2009

So strange!

I always think it's kinda funny when people ask if I need the address when the internet is practically at everyone's fingertips nowadays. Granted, the addresses provided on the internet aren't always correct and the person offering is just trying to be polite. It's still a bit funny though.

28. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

Sep 1, 2009

That's funny...who was this woman? I hope not a person in administration! LOL! Good luck tomorrow!! :)

29. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Sep 1, 2009

LOL i'm thinking one of the secretaries. She didn't identify herself. If she's the principal then I definitely have a shot at the job (and maybe even her job too) :lol:

30. Jlyn07

Jlyn07 Comrade

Sep 1, 2009

Good luck TeacherNY and l8dybug!

I have an interview tomorrow at 5:30 for a child care center. Not sure of the position but I just don't know what to do. I have the maternity leave but I'm already stressing over what to do when that's over and they are not paying me well at all, like I would probably make more subbing day to day in public schools. So, I'm going to see what the director of this center has to say and if the pay is good enough I might take a job there if offered. I really would like to be in a school but I'm so broke I need to do something that I know is going to pay the bills. So frustrating : (

31. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

Sep 2, 2009

Good luck, Jlyn! :)

32. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Sep 2, 2009

Good Luck to everyone who has an interview today or later this week!!! Mine is in less than 2 hours!

I just saw 3 more job openings online! I was going to skip over them but then I read the details and I do have the certain certification they are looking for. School already started for them, though!

33. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

Sep 2, 2009

Good luck!! :) I'm about to leave to go to mine! :)

Go for the other three openings, even though school has started! :)

34. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Sep 2, 2009

Good luck, TeacherNY, Jlyn07 and L8ybugmom! My interview is at 4 and it's in town so it's about a 10 min. drive. I'm feeling really frantic today - lots of nerves I suppose.

35. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

Sep 2, 2009

Ya know, emma, I was more nervous today for an interview than I have been in a long time. I guess I didn't know the types of questiosn they'd ask...turns out it was a regular teacher interview. Hopefully regardless of the outcome, they'll keep me in mind for future positions. There were no questions about transitions or anything like that. At the end, I asked my questions and offered up to the teacher, who interviewed me, that I would keep everything the way she had it to make the transition easy for the kids and ultimately for her when she came back. She seemed to like that. Of course, I would too. Imagine having your own classroom and then leaving it for two months to another teacher. Would you want to have to go back and teach the kids rules and routines mid year? Heck no...

I guess I'm still pumped from the interview...I'm so talkative. :)

36. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Sep 2, 2009

I'm baaaaaaaaack! I think I answered all of their questions ok. One question was to give an example of a unit I would present. I blurted out poetry! EEK! I think I did ok though and then directed them to my portfolio where I had examples! They passed it around the table. There were 3 interviewers and all were very nice and encouraging. I remember woman from an interview I had a few months ago at a different school. If she didn't like me at all she gave no indication of it and said that she remembered me. I don't know if that's good or bad LOL. There were at least 5 people interviewing before/after me so I guess it's the luck of the draw at this point.

37. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Sep 2, 2009

Hope everything goes well for the rest of you ladies!!

38. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

Sep 2, 2009

Teacher, when will you konw? I hope you hear good news!!! :)

39. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Sep 2, 2009

They said I will know either way. School starts next week!

40. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Sep 2, 2009

:lol:

I hope you hear good news soon!

41. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Sep 2, 2009

Yeah, I hope LOL I think I might have been thinking about my portfolio and what I had in it. I'm glad they got to see it!