GOOD LUCK McKenna!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by JaimeMarie, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Aug 21, 2009

I'm sorry, McKenna.

2. nogenrewriter

nogenrewriter Companion

Aug 21, 2009

Mckenna, I am so sorry. I have been reading your posts and really pulling for you. I think tonight is a great time to drink a glass of wine, watch your favorite movie and buy those chocolates you've been eyeing at the market. You didn't get this one job but that doesn't mean you didn't work your tail off! There is no doubt in the world concerning your dedication and refusal to throw in the towel. Give yourself a relaxing night and start fresh tomorrow. There is a school out there, I am positively sure of it, that is saying "where is our McKenna?"

3. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Aug 21, 2009

I'm sorry too. I've been keeping up with your postings and I am still hopeful that something will come your way. Put it to rest for the weekend and try to de stress. Monday will bring new opportunities.

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 21, 2009

Hang in there, buddy.. the right job WILL come along!

5. Jenstc2003

Jenstc2003 Companion

Aug 21, 2009

*Hugs encouragingly* Hang in there- I have no doubt something amazing will be around the corner for you. You just haven't found the right "fit" yet is all.

6. BerniceBobs

BerniceBobs Comrade

Aug 22, 2009

I still think your true calling (aside from teaching) is writing.
    I certainly hope you can find all your posts in order to print them out to use for your book. Look how many supporters you have on this very board. It's truly amazing.
    I mean, people look for your posts. I should know, I am one of them.

7. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Aug 22, 2009

McKenna - Hope that you hear something positive today. I know this wait game is so wearing on you. I know that good things do happen to good people. Just keep on plugging! Your time will come. Again, one of the best ways to get your foot in that door is to substitute. I know you did some of that in the past and it did seem to help in landing you interviews, so you are doing something right. Still hoping and wishing you all the best!

8. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Aug 22, 2009

Hugs McKenna. Your job will come along.

9. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 22, 2009

I'd make this for you if you were in NJ: (You could probably make this whole thinkg for right about $7 if you hit the grocery sales just right! and you could use the lowfat cream cheese and whipped topping...)
    Banana Cream Cheesecake
    What You Need!1 pkg. (2-layer size) white cake mix, divided
    4 eggs, divided
    3 Tbsp. oil 2/3 cup packed brown sugar, divided
    2 bananas, sliced
    2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
    2 Tbsp. lemon juice
    1-1/2 cups milk
    1-1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
    Make It!
    HEAT oven to 300ºF. Reserve 1 cup dry cake mix. Mix remaining cake mix with 1 egg, oil and 1/3 cup sugar with mixer. (Mixture will be crumbly.) Press onto bottom and 1 inch up sides of greased 13x9-inch baking pan; top with bananas.

BEAT cream cheese and remaining sugar with mixer. Add reserved cake mix, remaining eggs and lemon juice; beat 1 min. Blend in milk. (Batter will be very thin.) Pour into crust.

BAKE 45 to 50 to min. or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 4 hours. Top with COOL WHIP. Refrigerate leftovers.

10. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Aug 22, 2009

The saga continues???? You tell me

Next day...

ok. Let's recap this.

Interview #1 - The multi-age Assistant: Haven't heard from...won't, I'm sure (read back if you care to)

Interview #2 - The 6th grade Position: Heard back from - rejection

Interview #3 - "Gen Ed Instructional Assistant" with a focus towards working with Guided Reading groups 1-6. These groups would be at or beyond level groups while the teachers work with the below and approaching level groups.

Now...where we left off-

the interview had gone well... *I* think. A longer interview then I expected for an aide. Very thorough - nice principal. She had known that i had another interview that day and said... "so two in a day? Wow." And I said.. (actually...it was 3) "Three? You DO like to fill a day!"

This was also the principal who SEEMED to have, at LEAST by her comments, talked to SOME-ONE at my student teaching school (same district) because she mentioned the school by name and that "They really like you over there."

She said at the end of the interview. "I will be making my decision and getting back to you one way or another by the end of the day tomorrow (Friday) - but at time of the year, who knows when the end of the day will be."

When it hit 10pm... I figured the day was over and so were my hopes.

When I get home today (from work at 2pm) and hadn't gotten a call or e-mail...i figured I was definitely right.

BUT>>>> now, I get an e-mail from her. This is the exact contents of HER e-mail in response to my thank you e-mail (Thursday):

Thank you for your e-mail. I enjoyed meeting you and have not forgotten about you. I am sorry I was not able to call you yesterday as I had hoped. I will be in touch with you in the near future.

What is THAT???

If no...why not just say no - if that's your intention.

If yes... could that be that the decision is still up in the air???

Let's not get false hopes up - but what is THAT?

(BTW... there are a few positions in other districts that I am applying to today. - Last minute ones. So, I will not sit and wait on this. It's just...odd, don't you think?)

11. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Aug 22, 2009

And I should say... thank you SO much for the out-pouring of empathy..and the incredible shows of support and friendship. I am stunned..and so SO grateful to have each of you (and this WONDERFUL place)!

12. rachaelski

rachaelski Habitué

Aug 22, 2009

Sometimes Ps are not allowed to talk to you until HR contacts you to offer the job...hopefully this is the case for you!

13. rachaelski

rachaelski Habitué

Aug 22, 2009

correction: talk to you about offering you the job

14. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 22, 2009

McK- I'm thinking that her email sounds positive. If it was a no, wouldn't she have put that in email and made it so much easier on herself? Thinking positively for you...:)

15. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Aug 22, 2009

Sounded positive to me. In the amount of time she wrote to say that... she could have said that she was going with another candidate, thank you for your interest. Instead, she said she was sorry for not getting back with you... but that she would. Sounds promising... very promising. And so do the other applications. Is this for 1, 2 or 3? I am getting confused. I do wish you luck and will say a little prayer as well!:hugs:

16. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Aug 22, 2009

This is number 3... The "Gen Ed Instructional Assitant" with the focus on guided reading - doig at and beyond level reading groups while the teacher does the below and the approaching groups.

17. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Aug 22, 2009

It sounds positive. Maybe she even knows of a teaching position. I agree that she would have either said she chose somebody or is in the process of choosing. It sounds good. Will keep fingers crossed for you!

18. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

Aug 22, 2009

McKenna- Can she drag this out any longer? Your anxiety level must be so high! The email does sound pretty positive to me. Fingers crossed here!

19. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Aug 23, 2009

McKenna, the email sounds promising to me and I hope that early tomorrow morning your saga will be over

20. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 23, 2009

McKenna, judging from that email, the fat lady hasn't sung.

21. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Aug 23, 2009

Keep those POSITIVE VIBES flowing for Mckenna guys!!!!!
    >>>>>>>:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:<<<<<<<<

22. krysmorgsu

krysmorgsu Cohort

Aug 24, 2009

Good luck! That e-mail does sound promising...just think about it. Most SD would not be in touch if it was to reject you, so her promise to get in touch is a positive!

23. katrinkakat

katrinkakat Connoisseur

Aug 24, 2009

McKenna,
    I would email her back and ask her if the position has been filled yet. Rooting for you as I know your heart was in this one!:love:

24. nogenrewriter

nogenrewriter Companion

Aug 25, 2009

Is there any news on this yet (the e-mail)? I've been checking the past two days and am just so curious. I am really pulling for you McKenna and hope that you will find "your" school very soon.

25. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Aug 25, 2009

Ditto