Good Book Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by teacherbell, Jul 9, 2006.

1. diro.pams

diro.pams Companion

Aug 12, 2006

runs with scissors-I took your recommendation to read Charles Todd this summer. I love the Hamish character within Rutledge's investigations!!

2. Teacher 218

Teacher 218 Rookie

Aug 12, 2006

I read Picoult's My Sister's Keeper and The Pact this summer. Loved both of them. I also really enjoyed The History of Love and The Nazi Officer's Wife. A wonderful book for anyone interested in the Holocaust. It's a very different story than most.

3. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 12, 2006

I just found The Pact at the thrift store today! How funny you should mention it. I can't wait to start it.

4. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Aug 13, 2006

I have read all but two of those mysteries. I can't get enough of them! I hope he keeps writing for a long time. He also wrote another (unrelated) mystery that was very good. It's called The Murder Stone.

5. brandit929

brandit929 Rookie

Aug 15, 2006

I finished the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Series this summer and loved it. I also started reading the Princess Diaries Series, I made it to book 6 (great fast reads). Now I am reading Sex and The City, I love this book it is so blunt like the show!

6. Rosieo

Rosieo Enthusiast

Aug 20, 2006

Friday night I read The Notebook. TERRIFIC book. The sequel, The Wedding is even better, I started that last night and will finish it up tonight. Excellent book. Must get my reading done before school starts!

7. diro.pams

diro.pams Companion

Aug 20, 2006

czacza,
    I bought "1,000 white women" after seeing your listing. i'm just starting, but WOW! What an amazing (true) story! Those were brave ladies!

8. teacher333

teacher333 Devotee

Aug 21, 2006

Finishing up "At First Sight" by Nicholas Sparks and I just know something bad is about to happen, had to put the book down for a while! It is excellent, as is anything by him. This is a sequel to "True Believer", which is also excellent. This will be the last book I read as school starts in about 2 weeks!

9. Rosieo

Rosieo Enthusiast

Aug 22, 2006

teacher333 a few days ago I did an online hold at my public library for True Believer and just now when I saw your post I went and put a hold request for At First Sight. I really like Nicholas Sparks. I just finished The Notebook and the sequel The Wedding and they were excellent. I am looking forward to the 2 I have on hold. I hope they come in soon.

10. teacher333

teacher333 Devotee

Aug 22, 2006

If you love Nicholas Sparks, you will love those two books! Have you read "Nights in Rodanthe"? That one is a little older but just as good. I like the twists he puts in, you least expect them.

11. Rosieo

Rosieo Enthusiast

Aug 22, 2006

I have "Nights in Rodanthe" here at home. It has been sitting in a drawer for a few years and I just came across it last week. I have it put aside. I am taking a trip next week and will need something to read in the car. Thanks for letting me know it is a good one.

12. mykidsrgr8

mykidsrgr8 Rookie

Aug 22, 2006

I have read all of Nicholas Sparks books. I cannot believe a man can write books like that. He has to be an amazingly romantic husband.

13. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Aug 23, 2006

I'm reading Persuasion by Jane Austen at the moment. So far I really like it.