Gonna be a big girl finally.

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by kellzy, Jul 11, 2017.

1. kellzy

kellzy Comrade

Jul 11, 2017

The big 3-0 is upon me. I've been living with roommates since I was 17 (I bumped a grade up in early elementary school). That would be thirteen years. I've lived with roommates longer than I was able to form memories living with my family. A few weeks ago, I realized how tired I am of getting twenty minutes notice for guests of my roommates who are going to be hanging out with us for several hours. So I did a scary. I signed for my first solo apartment today! I move in when my current lease expires at the end of September! No need to respond (unless you want to share solo living advice or send me a congrats), just needed to share happy news with people (family's a little overwhelmed with sibling's health problem to care right now).

3. Sab

Sab Companion

Jul 11, 2017

Congrats!! I was able to live alone for a while, and it was amazing. Hope you love it!

4. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Jul 11, 2017

I think everyone should live on their own at least once. I got engaged my senior year of college, but we waited a year after graduation to get married simply because I wanted a year to live on my own. It's a great experience!

5. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Jul 12, 2017

Congrats! I've lived in my own place since I graduated from college and I love it! When I got my first job I had to move to an area where I didn't know anyone. I didn't like the idea of living by myself, but figured I'd wait to get to know people and choose a roommate rather than living with a stranger. I quickly figured out how awesome it is to live without roommates- if I can help it I'll never go back!

6. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Jul 12, 2017

I've always enjoyed living by myself. I had a roommate for a year in college, lived by myself for awhile, and then I lived with my parents from 22 to 28 because they lived a mile from my school. I bought my first house at 28, and I've never looked back. I am sure you will love it.

7. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Jul 13, 2017

Congrats! Get a dual function security bar for your door for peace of mind.

8. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jul 13, 2017

Woohoo! Independence is a wonderful thing. As for the whole age thing, I was pretty much a complete idiot until I turned 31 and finally started to grow up (also when I went back to school to finish my teaching certification).

9. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jul 14, 2017

You will love it! I lived alone for a year of law school and it was a wonderful experience.
    Enjoy!

10. LittleShakespeare

LittleShakespeare Comrade

Jul 16, 2017

Congrats! That's amazing. I hope to move to Delaware next year. It's great having your solo apartment!

11. kaitydid

kaitydid Rookie

Jul 16, 2017

Congratulations! I live on my own and love it. Enjoy your independence!

12. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Aug 1, 2017

Yay you! I lived on my own for a long time before I found my future DH, and I loved it.

13. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 13, 2017

Getting your first apt on your own is VERY exciting, congrats to you!!! I didn't move out till later than most, but I never had roommates ever & I'm glad!

The most fun part is the feeling you have for the first several months while it's still fresh & new! Finally having your own privacy is great! The 2nd most fun thing is buying new items to furnish & decorate your new place! :D