Going to school?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Miss Kirby, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Mar 21, 2008

Any of you going to school during your Spring Break? I wanted to go to school today (last day of spring break) but I slept in wayyy too late. So I think I'm going to go tomorrow but I don't want to!!! But there is so much that needs to get done. :(

3. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Mar 21, 2008

I started my Spring Break today - I know I will be going to school at least once. I need to go more than once but I also need a break. I hope you enjoyed your time off.

4. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Mar 21, 2008

I also started my spring break today. I think I will go to school one day and that's just really to clean up my desk and start packing a little bit. I know one teacher will be there, so I'll see when she's going to be there. I hate dealing with the alarm. I'm terrified that I will set it off. I'm surprised that your spring break is almost over. I thought ours came way too early. I thought they were more like in the beginning of april??????? Or am I way off?

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Mar 21, 2008

We had spring break this week as well. This is normal for Texas schools though.

6. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Mar 21, 2008

Our Spring break is usually a week later I think. We don't have anymore days off until the last day of school (May 22 for kids) so I'm definitely doing to be taking a Mental Health day or two!!

7. ecsmom

ecsmom Habitué

Mar 21, 2008

I stayed late to clean before I left and I'm not going back until I have to! :)

8. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Mar 21, 2008

We have Monday off as well, but this is more or less the end for me too. I did not go to school! My goal was to resist going to school or working on too much stuff over the break. I really needed it and it is the first break that I did not work on something. I have been on the boards and I have been buying a few things for the classroom, but no real work. It helps that we had a half day of planning time just before the break and I stayed late the Thursday before break to get ready to leave:), the Friday before spring break I kept everything low key and left right on time (we leave right after the kids on Fridays).

9. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Mar 21, 2008

Tasha, that spoiled dog is so cute!!

We have Monday off too. My sister has to go to school.

10. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Mar 21, 2008

Last year we got Good Friday off. This year we don't have any day off because it's all covered in spring break. boo

11. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Mar 22, 2008

My spring break isn't until April. I will bring some things home to work on but not going to school. Teachers need time to rejuvenate- at least I do. I have enough to take care of at home that I leave piling up during work weeks. Plus I like to take a pamper day- get a pedicure, massage, whatever. Go to lunch with a friend I haven't seen in a while. Read. Sleep late. Exercise. Work in the garden. Make my family a great dinner. Spend time with my family. Sit on my porch and read the newspaper with a cup of tea....Nope, not going to school.

12. dizzybri14

dizzybri14 Companion

Mar 22, 2008

I will be going to school on Monday. My spring break started on Friday. I have the whole week off. I will ONLY go one day and then I'm done. I will finish up a few things, clean, and start to pack a lil bit. Then again I will be spending the rest of the time at my apt. cleaning, organizing, and begin packing there as well.

13. Mrs LC

Mrs LC Comrade

Mar 22, 2008

We are on Autumn break (end of term 1) and, for the first time in a couple of years, I won't be going in to school. We are going away for a holiday so the choice has been made for me - I just hope I don't regret it when term 2 starts!

14. Sagette

Sagette Companion

Mar 22, 2008

My Spring break is in April, but I won't be going to school. I need time to relax and do something with my messy house before the dept of health steps in :lol:

15. TXTCHR29

TXTCHR29 Cohort

Mar 22, 2008

I went into school one day this week, I would have gone more, but I've been sick the entire break! I completely rearranged my room set-up, I decided it was time for something new!

16. GoldenPoppy

GoldenPoppy Habitué

Mar 22, 2008

I brought home papers to correct and I have a weather/geography unit to finish planning so I've got plenty to do, but I won't be going in to school. My room is all set up for the Monday we come back from vacation.

17. sevenplus

sevenplus Connoisseur

Mar 22, 2008

I stayed 3 hours late on Thursday (our last day before break) to do lesson plans for the week we come back and straighten things up/catch up on filing. I did bring my grade cards and all of my assessment data home (we have to turn in grade cards the week we get back). I hope to spend no more than one afternoon working on those.

Finally, a chance to focus on my home and family! Having my plans done is allowing me to stop thinking about school 24/7.

18. Calliope

Calliope Companion

Mar 22, 2008

Nope, I'm not going in. My room is a wreck right now, but then again, so am I. I need a serious break. You have to take care of yourself too, ya know. I will probably just suffer through my first day back & stay late that afternoon to get my room back in shape.

19. Writer02

Writer02 Companion

Mar 24, 2008

Nope, not going in. Not doing it. No, no, no...:unsure:

My classroom is set up for Monday, and my house is a wreck. I'm going to play with my own kids and enjoy! This year is going by so fast.

20. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Mar 25, 2008

Ok - I went in once. I had tons of new stuff for my room and I did not want to have to haul it all in the first morning back, so I went to drop it off and stayed an hour and a half :eek: Oh well - I tried!

21. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Mar 26, 2008

I was planning on going in to work for one morning this week, but when I got there, I found out they were waxing the floor of my room. All my stuff was in storage...there goes my plan for leaving everything at work, now I can't do anything. I just wanted to work on April plans.

22. teacheratheart

teacheratheart Companion

Mar 26, 2008

I'm pretty sure most of the teachers in AZ are thinking the same thing because we are all in the same boat!! I am actually planning a personal day with friends, which is horrible I know, but 8 weeks is a VERY long stretch of time to go without a break.

23. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Mar 26, 2008

Spring break? What's that? I work at a college (we still work during breaks) and then the LTS job I have will still be going and I still have my college class to take. So I'm very unfamiliar with this Spring Break business...I wish I wasn't!!! :(

24. little317

little317 Groupie

Mar 26, 2008

Spring Break starts Monday for us. I plan on going in one day to tidy up the closet (its a bit scary in there) and get things set for the Monday we are back. I also plan to go get a massage and clean up at home, and maybe head to the beach if the weather is good.