Going to NAEYC?

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by K3 teacher, Oct 21, 2009.

1. K3 teacher

K3 teacher Companion

Oct 21, 2009

Just wondering if anyone is headed to the national conference in DC. Just found out today that my principal said we could go!! I can't wait - haven't been there for 13 years!

3. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Oct 22, 2009

Not going, but would love too. So happy for you.

4. childcare teach

childcare teach Comrade

Oct 22, 2009

I go to my the NH Naeyc events .I am helping plan our big spring conference. We have Ella Jenkins for a key note. I know it is not till April 2010 ..But I can not wait.

5. vannapk

vannapk Groupie

Oct 24, 2009

I went last year because it was here in Dallas, but not this year. It was GREAT last year! I got to meet Jan Brett and the vendors were amazing! Have fun!

6. hockeygirl39

hockeygirl39 Rookie

Oct 25, 2009

Whoo hoo I am going!!! I was able to go a couple years ago when it was in Chicago. It was a long shot to put in for it this year but a coworker and I are able to go. We fly out on the 17 and home on the 22nd. I am so excited- I have never been on a plane before. I hope this one is as good as Chicago's.

7. K3 teacher

K3 teacher Companion

Oct 25, 2009

The only thing I am not looking forward to is writing all of the sub plans! I have a sub Monday that week for conferences so I will only be in my classroom on Tuesday. And then I come back the next mon and tuesday (1/2 day) and we are off a week for Thanksgiving!

I can't wait to go to Dr. Jean's workshops. I have wanted to go see her since a co worker told me about the workshop she went to years ago.

8. hockeygirl39

hockeygirl39 Rookie

Oct 25, 2009

I have been fortunate enough to see Dr Jean twice but definately have her on my list again- I always learn something new each time I see her.

I also have sub plans to write but one of my aides is my sub. (I am 4-k and Head Start) so my plans can be pretty loose since she knows the kids and routines already does some of the teaching. I should be in class on Monday- we are doing conferences this coming week.

9. K3 teacher

K3 teacher Companion

Nov 2, 2009

OK, have to vent! The Superintendent decided that we have had too many people out sick and cancelled all conferences! However, there is a big motion picture movie being filmed in our tiny town this week (Unstoppable with Denzel Washington) and some teachers were picked as extras. Their personal days were approved for this week. I want to go to a conference for professional development and can't but they can take off to get paid for another job that has nothing to do with their teaching?????. As exciting as the movie making is I am livid! Went to talk to my principal about it today. She was going to go beg for me. I'm hoping it works!

10. Teacheskidz

Teacheskidz Rookie

Dec 24, 2009

I've never been to NAEYC. When is it? I know a few teachers went to the Dallas one last year.

11. vannapk

vannapk Groupie

Dec 25, 2009

The NAEYC national conference is always in November. I think it's going to be in California next year, it changes cities every year.