Going to another class!

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by missbianca, Oct 19, 2010.

1. missbianca

missbianca Rookie

Oct 19, 2010

In two weeks I will be going from teaching 2 and 3s in the morning to also teaching 4 and 5s in the afternoons. I was just curious to see how many of you would keep the same curriculum for each class or would you do two themes? I know that I can't reteach the same class for developmental reasons but I would love to know what you would do. I only have one hour to shift gears and get in a lunch break. I am excited but not sure what to do.

3. LvToyFoxTerrier

LvToyFoxTerrier Rookie

Oct 19, 2010

I teach a 3 yr. class and a 4 yr. class. I keep the same themes but just gear the activities down for the 3's class and then gear up and make the activities more challenging for the 4's class. I often do separate art activities for each class but not always. :)

4. missbianca

missbianca Rookie

Oct 19, 2010

Thank you. That was my instinct but I just wanted to see if anyone else did it that way too. I appreciate the quick response.

5. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Oct 19, 2010

I have a class of new 3's (sped 3's) in the morning, and will soon be getting an at-risk PM class... 3's and 4's, in general higher level.

My plan is the same theme and basic ideas for each class, just on a different level. I may do some different art projects, but that will depend on the needs/ability of the kids in the class.

I have a lot of room decor, etc. that changes based on the theme, so I need to keep it the same between both classes :)