Going back to grad school, best degree to get?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by CityESLTeacher, Dec 20, 2007.

  1. CityESLTeacher

    CityESLTeacher Rookie

    Jun 6, 2007
    Likes Received:

    Dec 20, 2007

    Please help! I want to go back to grad school (I am already certified in Early Childhood and ESL and have an ESL Masters). My reasons for going back are twofold. I want to learn more, obviously, but I also want to make myself a more attractive job candidate. I currently teach Kindergarten in an urban district. My boyfriend has a very mobile job, so there is a possibility we could have a few moves in our future. Should I get a Masters in reading, to be a reading specialist? I am also thinking about a degree in Curriculum and Instruction. It would not lead to a specific license, but would show advanced study. I thought also about sped, but I am not sure if my heart is in it. What do you think I should do? What would be best for my career?
  3. Bored of Ed

    Bored of Ed Enthusiast

    Apr 23, 2006
    Likes Received:

    Dec 20, 2007

    From what I hear, reading specialist is a very safe bet, and very useful for anyone who works in elementary -- you'll always have someone with reading problems.

Share This Page

Members Online Now

  1. miss-m,
  2. riya steve,
  3. Coreanderson23,
  4. MissCeliaB,
  5. Missy,
  6. Lisabobisa
Total: 397 (members: 10, guests: 355, robots: 32)