Going back gets harder every year...

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by leighbball, Aug 24, 2012.

1. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Aug 24, 2012

And not because I hate my job. I LOVE my job, so I'm actually looking forward to the year and being around some of my friends that I've rarely seen since school let out.

It's the saying good-bye to my son again stuff that's getting harder every year. When he was born, I stayed home with him for 3.5 months. I knew I had no choice in going back to work, and it made it easier to return that Feb. from maternity leave. Plus I was dealing with post=partum depression, and work helped me.

Last September was hard because my son was so much fun and we had a great summer. This summer has been even more awesome, and he is so attached to me. He cried yesterday at the sitter's, and though I know he just has to get used to it (his backup sitter is now our fulltime sitter), it broke my heart.

I hope it eventually isn't so hard to leave my little guy when school starts.

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 24, 2012

It's always brutal.

I LOVE being a family all summer. I hate that fall splinters us in so many directions.

4. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Aug 24, 2012

I think it's always just very tough. You want to spend every minute with your kids, but reality dictates that we simply can't. I'm glad to hear you had such a great summer when him, though!

5. Bella2010

Bella2010 Habitué

Aug 24, 2012

I know how you feel. :( My little boy is two, and I've cried on the first day of school since his birth. It just stinks. I try and rationalize that I've got one of the best jobs for a mommy to have, but it's still hard.

ETA: My precious little boy who I miss so much just locked me in the garage for five minutes.

6. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Aug 25, 2012

I live 3 hours from my parents and little sister who is 20 years younger than me. Since I teach and she is 12, we always spend a good part of the summer together. This year, since my other sister is in the Peace Corps now, we spent over a month together. She might be 12 and I am 32, but I would consider her my best friend. I don't know anyone else who thinks the same as I do as much as her.

Our last adventure was spending a couple days at the beach with our parents. That was basically my last hurrah for the summer. When I was headed home, I had this awful feeling that I forgot or lost something. It took me about an hour up the road to realize that it was just that it felt so weird to be without her.

So yeah, I don't have my own, but I know a little how you must feel.

7. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 25, 2012

Hang in there Silver.

You two will be going away together in a few short weeks.

8. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Aug 25, 2012

Hugs Leigh, and Silver too.

9. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Aug 25, 2012

I cried the first day...it was the first day in twelve years I wasn't with my son...last year he was the student mentor for my class. I saw him almost everyday.