Going back after spring break...

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by leighbball, Mar 30, 2008.

1. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Mar 30, 2008

So I head back to school tomorrow after being off for 10 days. I've actually missed the kids although I've been so busy myself that I don't feel like I really relaxed. But now I must wonder....what am I in for tomorrow? lol...I remember the first day back after winter break and it wasn't pretty. I'm kinda dreading 9am tomorrow for that reason...

3. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Mar 30, 2008

10 days!!! Both private and catholic schools and a lot of businesses get Good Friday and Easter Monday off, so my Spring Break ended up being only 4 days :(.

I don't want to go back to school!!! I have 2 bags of stuff that I brought home that I have to go through and still plan for next week.

4. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Mar 30, 2008

I haven't even looked at my school bag yet...I had originally planned to leave this weekend open for school work, but when my dad fell and broke his leg, things changed. And I have to go back to school on my birthday! lol

5. ecsmom

ecsmom Habitué

Mar 30, 2008

Back to school tomorrow too. The best think I can think of is that er are that much closer to summer!

6. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Mar 30, 2008

I'm not looking forward to going back at all. I've had 10 days off as well. I'm with ecsmom........the best thing I can think of is that it will be that much closer to summer. I'm not enjoying this year very much.

7. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Mar 30, 2008

lol...I have 56 days left. June 20 is going to take a long time to get here! Don't get me wrong, I love teaching, but this has been an interesting class and I'm looking forward to summer a bit at this point in the year!

8. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Mar 30, 2008

Last week was my first week back. Monday morning was fine - the afternoon they got back to their normal selves. Wednesday and Thursday were REALLY rough and Friday was decent again.

I hate being so negative but I really don't want to go back tomorrow. :( :( :(

Seven more weeks! 35 more days! I'm taking a mental health day half way through - I actually have a Dr apt and taking the whole day off isn't necessary.... but it's necessary to my mental health!

9. Touchthefuture

Touchthefuture Comrade

Mar 30, 2008

We haven't even had spring break yet. I just need to get through this week and then I am off for 10 days :)

10. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Mar 30, 2008

I have about 60 more school days left :(.

11. tiggerteacher

tiggerteacher Companion

Mar 30, 2008

Ugh! I am not ready to go back yet either. I could use another 10 days!! I AM READY FOR SUMMER!

12. C2Teach

C2Teach Rookie

Mar 30, 2008

We left school on Friday with Spring Break being this next week. It's amazing how much more relaxed I have been this entire weekend knowing that I don't HAVE TO be prepared for anything this week and that I can just have nothing to do if I so choose. I have so been looking forward to spring break for the last few weeks as I've been needing to decompose some.
    After spring break, I think we have 39 days of school left. Those days though will include field day, a few assemblies, and still some field trips. We will retest our kids on our reading skills at about the beginning of May but after that it's all down hill. (Of course after that routine is gone they turn into little monkeys that make summer seem even farther away:))