Goin' Poster Crazy!!!!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Mrs_B, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Mrs_B

Mrs_B Comrade

Aug 2, 2008

My husband bought me the new version of Print Shop so I spent HOURS today making banners, posters, etc. very Beth Newinghamish!! I am hoping to go to school next week to start my bulletin boards so I will take some pics and share! :) I wonder how many of these I can print out before I run out of ink? I seem to favor the most ink intensive designs :eek:

3. DaleJr88AmpFan

DaleJr88AmpFan Cohort

Aug 2, 2008

That's awesome of your hubby!!!

Hmmmm... seems to me that you should show off that awesome work. :)

4. hescollin

hescollin Fanatic

Aug 2, 2008

We'll all be looking forward to seeing your posters.

5. JTeach619

JTeach619 Companion

Aug 2, 2008

I have Print Shop also!! Can't wait to see your designs :up:

6. Alegre

Alegre Rookie

Aug 4, 2008

I have it, but haven't used it!

Congratulations on all that work you've accomplished! I love it when I have new materials to use in my classroom, so I can see why you are so excited!

I'm curious to see what you, or other teachers, have made. I went out and bought Print Shop about two years ago, but haven't found ways to use it. Maybe it's just me, but I haven't found this version to be very user friendly. I think I've only used it maybe twice to make a background for a couple of quotes that I used in my classroom.

I know it comes with a lot of pre-made examples, but those look like they were made by graphic artists. I've seen Beth Newingham's work, but I'd like to see other things 'real teachers' have made.

Maybe someone knows of some links I might follow to see what teachers have made using Print Shop.

Again, congratulations on all of your hard work!

7. Deb06

Deb06 Companion

Aug 4, 2008

I also bought the program (because of Beth Newingham's ideas) and have made a ton of posters as well! Buying Print Shop was definitely worth it! I would love to see the pictures of your posters when your room is finished. :)

8. Mrs_B

Mrs_B Comrade

Aug 4, 2008

Alegre,
    I had the old version and never used it. When I wanted to use Beth Newingham's stuff and couldn't open it, my husband bought me the new version. I had to play around for awhile but I pretty much figured it out. There was one thing that is totally not user friendly that I had to ask my hubbie about. I don't usually use the templates but have occasionally. You can still change things. I was excited to see how easy it was to import images from google instead of having to always use their images. I will upload when I finally finish these and get them up!

9. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Aug 4, 2008

I would love to see the posters too. I have been thinking about asking for this for Christmas, but haven't been convinced yet.

10. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Aug 4, 2008

I bought Print Master, and then shortly after I bought a mac. So now I can't use it! Grrr. I think I'm going to have to spend another $30 and get Print Shop for mac.

11. snickydog

snickydog Groupie

Aug 4, 2008

Do you guys use PrintShop for Mac or PC? I LOVE the program - at least what I've tried figuring out about it! There are so many different options, it's almost overwhelming!

I'd love to see what you made on PrintShop Mrs B!