Goals for Next Year

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by sophie1, Jul 5, 2009.

1. sophie1

sophie1 Comrade

Jul 5, 2009

One of the great things about teaching is that you get to have a fresh start each fall. I'm always trying to do better. This fall, I plan on getting my second graders to really know their math facts. I am already aware of some of the students difficulties in reading and so I want to make sure the students progress and love reading. I also want to become more organized. What do you want to improve on in the fall?

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 5, 2009

I really hope to incorporate a lot of hands on activities. I want to use tiered activity cards for differentiating instruction. Teach my students organization through interactive notebooks.

4. sophie1

sophie1 Comrade

Jul 5, 2009

Wow, I think that's great!!

5. Daisha

Daisha Companion

Jul 5, 2009

I plan to have more organization in the lessons on writing.

6. iheart5thgrade

iheart5thgrade Comrade

Jul 5, 2009

I want to improve on teaching kids how to find "lowest common denominator." That is always one of the hardest 5th grade math topics.

I want to get to know the kids more. Since I'm departmentalized, sometimes I just know them as my math student who I have for 50 minutes and I want to get to know my students better this upcoming year.

I've taken a Brain-based learning course this summer and I want to incorporate some of the things I've learned into my classroom.

7. little317

little317 Groupie

Jul 5, 2009

I want to do more hands on math activities, and do more interactive lessons with the word wall.

8. mandabee

mandabee Rookie

Jul 5, 2009

I want to try and implement Love and Logic successfully into my classroom management plan.

Also, I want to differentiate math instruction better using our schools DMT strategy.

I am really looking forward to next year!!

9. JoviHawk

JoviHawk Rookie

Jul 5, 2009

:wow: I think it is so great you want to better yourself as a teacher and always strive for excellence. I hear so many teachers with bad attitudes about their job. I have taught for 13 years and have won awards, but by no means do I think I am the best I can be. I love learning and inturn I want to instill that love in my students. I applaud your goals and commend you for your positive outlook! I too want to do a better job of teaching basic math facts and do a better job of keeping my desk organized!