Goals and Objectives (Lesson Plans)

Discussion in 'Special Education Archives' started by Guest, Oct 10, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Oct 10, 2002

Can anyone share an effective way of planning lesson plans to meet the needs of 9 students all on completely different levels? Do you use their IEPs and check off the goals that are mastered, or do you have a better way of doing it ? How do you assess their work? How do you keep data (graphing)? I use to teach in a private school for autism and we graphed their work daily. Most of the goals were for early learners (touch nose, stand up, etc.) The criteria for mastery was 90% or better for 2 days in a row. This year I am in a public middle school with autistic students. Some of the goals are (understanding $ concepts, adding 2 digit numbers, subtraction with and without regrouping). I don't have the same support or time in the Public School as I did in the private. I don't leave until 5pm some nights as I am trying to assess work and plan for the next day. The paraprofessionals are released when the students leave, which leaves no time for graohing.
    I want to plan and assess correctly. Any ideas???

Thanks!

- sorry for babbling...

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Oct 11, 2002

I have a chart with my kids goals (pre-k kids). I fill it in weekly. I have codes, which as correspond to the report card. E=skill is emerging

4. Seich30

Seich30 Comrade

Oct 11, 2002

Sorry I tried to sign in in mid-stream and it didn't work.... anyways my codes are E=skill is emerging, S=knows skill sometimes or partially, C=knows skill constantly, M=mastered
    I believe that weekly documentation is fine, you don't always work on every skill every day, but do in a weeks time. Lots of my goals are observation based (like follows step directions, stays in a center for 10 minutes, uses a cup with no spillage), therefore this system works best for me.