Goal for 2019-2020

Discussion in 'General Education' started by YoungTeacherGuy, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Groupie

Aug 5, 2019

2. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Groupie

Aug 8, 2019

What’s your goal for the new school year? I go back to work on Monday, so I’m getting mentally prepared.[/QUOTE

Your goal is an excellent one. I look back at my teaching years and have experienced feeling very appreciated and devalued by different admin. ( I think adults and kids are alike on this...)

The admin who appreciated me inspired me to do more and better than I ever imagined I could do. Over the years, I coached before school, tutored after school, rewrote district promotional criteria, wrote curriculum for summer school, and helped write our LA curriculum, and so much more.

That principal was 1 of the most positive people I ever knew.

She showed her appreciation with some simple acts, was kind, supportive, helpful, smart, and did some really nice stuff for staff too. She looked for the good in people and appreciated them.

On the other hand, I worked with admin that had a personality very different. He had never learned how to give someone a decent compliment or say, "Thank you.". (He was more of a "gotcha" type.) When he did give someone a compliment accidently, he'd say something else to make it a backhanded compliment.

It did not take me long to figure out not to do extra for him because he usually found something wrong in what you did. I guess it is what you are looking for in a person. If you want to see the good, you can. If you are looking for faults, you'll find them too.

I will start thinking of new goals soon and have an idea where I will go with it, but haven't fully nailed it down yet.

LouiseB likes this.
  3. ecteach

ecteach Devotee

Aug 14, 2019

More of a personal goal:

.....to save the $6,995 needed to take a paralegal class at a local (prestigious) university. It leads to certification if you pass the paralegal test. I have become fascinated by law lately, and I KNOW I am not smart enough or dedicated enough to become a lawyer. I really want to experience other things in life. I feel like I am definitely coming to the end of this chapter in my life.

Oh, and also finalize my divorce and go back to my maiden name. (I'm just a barrel of fun!)

4. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Groupie

Aug 16, 2019

After being back at it, I came up with simple goals. I am going to do my best to keep positive. I am surrounded by a few really stressed out people that I like at work. I am going to do my best to shake off the stress. It is weird how it can rub off on you if you do not pay attention.

bella84 likes this.