"GLEE" anyone watching it?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by SpecialPreskoo, Oct 3, 2009.

1. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Oct 3, 2009

Anyone watching GLEE? I love the music. It is a pretty funny show.

I wonder if they kids are really singing or someone behind the scenes. They are pretty good!

3. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Oct 3, 2009

My guess is they are really singing-they probably cast actors that could sing. That guest star they had this week used to sing on Pushing Daisies. I really love the music too-last week's made me download the soundtrack to Cabaret-hadn't heard it in a long time.

I'm so torn about my opinion of this show. I loved the premiere last year and was really looking forward to it, but felt really let down by the first couple episodes (I mean really...an adult student in a Spanish class?). It just feels like a really looonnnggg hour when I watch it. I wanted to like it. :confused:

4. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Oct 3, 2009

They were on the View the other day and sang live (spontaneously) without even a real microphone and sounded amazing. I haven't watched the show too much, but I did buy some songs on itunes. I will probably keep up with the songs more than the shows.

5. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Oct 3, 2009

I really like it. Kristen Chenowith is amazing. I think it's hysterical.

6. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

Oct 3, 2009

I loved the pilot so much. Now, I think it would be much better if they ditched the silly adult storylines. The insane wife who fakes her pregnancy instead of facing the fact that she's being a rotten wife, and now she wants the high school girl's unwanted baby? Ugh. And the insane cheerleading coach? Too much insanity for my taste. I thought, from the pilot, this would be like a singing version of a thoughtful teen show (like My So Called Life with a show choir!), but sadly, no. I'm still watching...

7. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Oct 3, 2009

They can all actually sing. Matt Morrison is a well-known Broadway star, and this week's guest-star Kristin Chenoweth has multiple albums and a huge following! I think this show is going to launch many careers. I LOVE it!

8. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Oct 3, 2009

Lea Michele is a Broadway star, too (Spring Awakening, Ragtime). I love it!!!

9. irx7fani

irx7fani Rookie

Oct 3, 2009

a friend of mine actually teach at the school the show is filming at... funny huh?

10. TeacherGrl7

TeacherGrl7 Devotee

Oct 3, 2009

I watch it for the performances. I love their take on these popular songs, and the variety of songs that they pick. I LOVE musicals, and this is a cheap way to get my fix every week- much cheaper than going to Broadway weekly, though if I could afford it I would do that in a heartbeat!! The show itself I find predictably ridiculous, but I tolerate it to get to the performances.

11. EDUK8_ME

EDUK8_ME Cohort

Oct 3, 2009

I also like the show. I watched back episodes on www.hulu.com and then watched this week's episode on TV. Not sure why they chose the storyline with Kristen Chenowith even though she is a good singer. I miss Pushing Up Dasies:(

12. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Oct 3, 2009

I like the show. It is more about the adults, but they are hilarious! Personally, I love the cheerleading coach. It's a funny caricature of the characters. I do think they had other kids join glee too soon-I was enjoying the outcast storyline, even if some are sabotaging.

13. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Oct 3, 2009

This show makes me so proud to be a former show choir geek.

14. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Oct 3, 2009

I've been watching it. I wasn't planning on it, but I like to have backgrown tv on while studying for my classes.

I thought they were faking it!

15. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Oct 3, 2009

I Love Glee. I look forward to watching it every Wednesday!! I absolutely love the cherrio coach! She was great in 40 year old virgin, and she is in Glee too!!!

16. lilmisses1014

lilmisses1014 Comrade

Oct 3, 2009

Well, after the pilot I was mildly disappointed that the show didn't meet my (high) expectations. However, the most recent episode, with Kristin Chenowith, was awesome.

17. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Oct 3, 2009

I really like it. The actors are all singing but it is prerecorded. Sometimes I wish the singing was a little more raw, showing their natural voices.

The story lines are ridiculous but that's what I like. By Wednesday I am already tired from the week and need something silly to watch

18. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Oct 3, 2009

My mom and I love it. We like that they take every show to the most highest of outrageousness levels. Just when you thought they couldn't get any crazier... they do. And the little do-do-do-do music lines in the background? Genius. It's insanity, absurdity and hilarity. Dh acts like it's the worst show in the world, but that's just because I like it. He always suggests going out for dinner on Wednesdays...

19. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Oct 4, 2009

My husband is tired of hearing about it, and tired of hearing the music all of the time. He just goes into his office when it is on, which is sad because he loves musicals and I think he would love it! He feels the same way about my other "obsessions," the most recent of which was Wicked but with baseball playoffs starting up, I'm sure baseball will be right back up there for me.

20. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Oct 4, 2009

It's so ridiculous I can't help but enjoy it! I just about peed my pants when the football team broke out into song and dance on the field. That was just too much!

21. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Oct 4, 2009

Yeah, I loved the dancing football players... LOL