Give me your wonderful ideas!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by JoviHawk, Jul 16, 2009.

1. JoviHawk

JoviHawk Rookie

Jul 16, 2009

I started a jungle theme in my 2nd grade room last year. I'm going to keep it for this year too. I have a cute jungle canopy, bulletin board border, and jungle themed materail on all my tables and shelves. I need suggestions to jazz it up a bit. How else/what else could I use to make it really cute?:thanks:

3. little317

little317 Groupie

Jul 16, 2009

You could have groups based on animals/plants that you'd find in the jungle.

4. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

Jul 16, 2009

Could you use jungle themed beanie baby animals for a reading strategy BB? Or maybe just have them as reading buddies for the students. You could also rename your classroom jobs so that they are jungle related. I.e.- your line leader could be called a trailblazer :)

5. Mrs.DLC

Mrs.DLC Comrade

Jul 16, 2009

vines

The teacher next to me had a plastic chain hung across the back of her room with plastic vines/leaves around it. She hung student work on it. Maybe even put a monkey or something on it!!She also did some psoitive behavior with a barrel of monkeys theme-try to get the monkey in the barrel.

6. natelukesmom

natelukesmom Companion

Jul 16, 2009

The teacher next to me also had a jungle theme. She bought huge lion and monkey stuffed animals to put by her classroom library/reading section. It was adorable, and the kids loved them!

7. kidsr#1

kidsr#1 Companion

Jul 17, 2009

Calendar

I did a jungle themed room/reading center about 10 years ago and I used pictures from magazines. I was able to cut them and position them so they went along the edge of the bulletin board, the windows, etc.

What about using material with a jungle pattern in your room? Maybe on small tables or on a couple of throw pillows?

8. Matt633

Matt633 Comrade

Jul 17, 2009

Make hanging vines from paper grocery bags or butcher paper with greenery (vines) on it.
    Hang some monkeys stuffed or paper cut out "No monkeying around 2nd grade is the best around" "Swinging into a great year" Bulletin board with lion again use paper or stuffed and "Roaring Good Work" or "No "Lyin" This is Good Work"

There are zebra or leopard print rugs available from Walmart, you can get them online. Or add some big pillows with the same prints.

Good Luck will post more as I think of it

9. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 17, 2009

Just a word of caution-- will that jungle canopy be in line with the fire codes?

10. JoviHawk

JoviHawk Rookie

Jul 17, 2009

I had my canpoy hanging all last year. We have never been told anything about fire codes at my school. They only thing ever said is no real Christmas Trees with lights and no lit candles.

11. JoviHawk

JoviHawk Rookie

Jul 17, 2009

Thanks for the ideas! Keep them coming!