Gifts FROM Your Co-op Teachers

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by Ms. I, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 10, 2005

For those who've finished any parts of their student teaching, what has your co-op teacher given you?

I've now completed both blocks to earn my special ed credential. Yeah!! My 1st co-op teacher gave me a medium sized basket full of office supplies (mechanical pencils, mini stapler, date stmaper, etc., etc.) & made a card w/ all the students signatures.
    My 2nd co-op teacher gave me a $50 Staples GC, that Staples EASY button (for fun), a card, a big pack of Knott's Berry Farm preserves, printer ink, a few packages of printer paper & paid the $40 fingerprinting fee so I can sub for her & 2 glorious recommendation letters. She's also bought lunch for me about 5 times throughout the quarter. She'll be a tough act to follow!

3. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Dec 10, 2005

My cooperating teacher during student teaching gave me a $40 Staples gift card.

4. daysy_may

daysy_may Groupie

Dec 10, 2005

When I finished my elem. ed student teaching I got a basket full of the office supplies, neat gel pens, and all kinds of stuff, plus my birthday was during that time so she had all the kids make me birthday cards. I still have them. Then for my early childhood student teaching she made me a school sweatshirt/cardigan, and last year when she retired she gave me a lot of her classroom supplies. Now if I just had a classroom to use them all, lol.

5. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Dec 10, 2005

My 1st placement, my CT had the kids make me a book (I think Ms. D is ___. I liked ___. I learned ___.). She gave me several notepads, some sticky tack (inside joke!), post-its, a great recommendation letter, and several books that I could use with any level I ended up teaching. The room mom also gave me a notepad from the entire class. I also got LOTS of photos and ideas. :)

6. teacherece

teacherece Cohort

Dec 28, 2005

I haven't even started student teaching yet and my CT gave me a snowman gift for Christmas when I visited them for the second time. She invited me to their party. I feel so special, I can't wait to start.

7. jenglish97

jenglish97 Devotee

Dec 28, 2005

I just had a student eacher this past semester. For my sutdnet teacher, she told me that she loved my rolling cart at the beginning of the semester. So what I did was purchase it for her. Then I sent a letter home to the parents about when my student teacher's last day was and asked them to send in pencils, paper, stampers, post-its, popcorn, etc for her as a present. I filled her rolling cart with all those goodies. Then I have the children sign a big card for her and say something about her. It ended up being three cards (21 second graders)... My student teacher was crying... I also wrote her a wonderful recommendation. She was a great student teacher. I hope to have another one real soon.

8. MsWK

MsWK Habitué

Dec 30, 2005

My CT taught the kids to sing a song about me (cute!), they wrote me a book ("I will miss..."), and she gave me an egg-timer (Kindergarten! lol), some books, a teacher mug, an apple-decoration thing, some note pads and pens, and a basket (plus a wonderful letter of recommendation, and two weeks of subbing in her class while she was out!! :D ).

9. stephanie90102

stephanie90102 Rookie

Jan 14, 2006

I went to visit the classroom for the second time yesterday, and my CP had pulled a teacher's desk into the classroom. She made a nameplate that had my name on it and put it on the desk, along with a pencil cup, tape, stapler, ruler, pens and pencils, paperclips, a bell, the works!!! That act of kindness made me feel so welcome in her classroom!

10. TexasAggie2323

TexasAggie2323 Comrade

Jan 15, 2006

My cooperating teacher gave me a nice binded book with letters of encouragement from all of my students. It was very nice and it almost made me cry (I am a guy and usually do not cry).

11. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Jan 22, 2006

My CT had the kids make a book like Miss C is special because ..I loved it ...then my 2nd CT gave me a $25 to a coffee place around here ...