Gifts From Students

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by nichelle018, May 15, 2015.

1. nichelle018

nichelle018 New Member

May 15, 2015

Hi, This is my first year teaching and over the past few weeks I have been receiving lots of cards and gifts from my students and parents since it was teacher appreciation week. I was just wondering what do others do with all the cards that they receive from their students? I've been trying to think of something to do with them, because I don't want to get rid of them but at the same time I don't want to have a pile of cards just laying around.

3. eyeteach

eyeteach Rookie

May 30, 2015

I keep a few of them, but most of them end up in the trash. If you keep them all from Christmas, Teacher Appreciation, your birthday and when the kids leave your class, you will be overflowing with cards!

4. misswteaches

misswteaches Companion

May 31, 2015

I have this lovely "problem" as a sub, because kids in the younger grades like to give me something to remember them by, I guess!

I actually have a wall in my room where I keep a huge collection of things that kids have given me...but that is because I am single, quirky, and because teaching is my life.
    Anyways, I am running out of room and am getting ready to start my first year teaching, so I know I will need to clear space for new cards and pictures.

I plan to either
    - scan the cards/art and shrink them all to fit on one collaged page (which can easily be done in Picasa or any other photo editing program) to have a single page from each year I teach...maybe frame it.
    - just stick them all in a binder.

Is it weird that I treasure the color-by-addition worksheets given to me by kindergarteners I only teach for one day? I feel like it meant something to the student, so it should mean something to me. What do you guys think?

5. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

May 31, 2015

I do a couple of things.

Really meaningful, affirming notes from parents I keep in my office posted on a bulletin board so I can look at them on a bad day and remember I am appreciated.

Pictures, etc. I keep in a binder that the kids have access to because they love to know their work is appreciated and they like to look through it and see their pictures. I just put a cute cover on a binder and filled it with those plastic things I can't remember the name of at the moment :lol: so all I have to do is slip the notes, pictures in the sleeves.

6. misswteaches

misswteaches Companion

May 31, 2015

Sheet protectors. ;)