gifts for students

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by kbteach, Jun 13, 2005.

1. kbteach

kbteach Rookie

Jun 13, 2005

This is my first year teaching 3rd grade and I want to give my students a heartfelt gift that is not expensive. Any ideas.

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jun 13, 2005

I used my Scholastic points to get copies of a favorite read aloud for my class. I also make goodie bags with Kool Aid mix, a few candies, stickers.

4. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Jun 13, 2005

I had books from Scholastic(from free points) and I gave them 2 books and a candy bar.

5. KIF

KIF Companion

Jun 15, 2005

You can find lots of things from The Oriental Trading Company for pretty cheap (whether they are heartfelt, I don't know!)

6. TeachGrd1

TeachGrd1 Rookie

Jun 15, 2005

What if you found a poem or wrote them a letter. You could get paper with cute border and laminate it.
    When I did my student teaching, I made bookmarks that said, "You have everything it takes to succeed, all you have to do is spread your wings and fly!". Each bookmark was laminated and had a picture of a butterfly. I bought little crystal butterflies and double stick taped them to the bookmarks. Then I wrote a letter to the students thanking them for all the hard work. I talked about how much they meant to me and how the butterflies should go with them as they journey through school(a constant reminder that someone cares and is thinking about them).
    My students have emailed me talking about their butterlies and how they carry them everywhere. Some of the students even taped the bookmarks and letters to their desks.
    You can make bookmarks at DLK.com and they have tons to choose from.

Crissy

7. divey

divey Companion

Jun 23, 2005

End of the Year gift idea

I'm assuming that you are searching for a beginning of the year gift idea, but here's an idea that needs to BEGIN on the the first day of school to be given as they leave at the end of the year. One year, I had someone come in on the first day of school and take a picture of me with each student. Then, towards the end of the year, I had another picture taken with each student. I took a simple piece of construction paper, mounted both pictures and wrote each child a simple, personal message. Quite a keepsake! Took a little extra time, but I could tell the thought meant a great deal to each of my kids!
    :D

8. TammyQ

TammyQ New Member

Jul 12, 2005

For a beginning of the year treat idea, I get the snack size ziploc bags and attach the follow message to it with the items inside.

Here's a little something to get our new year off to a great start:
    A Starburst because you're a star in my class!
    A Smarties because your are going to learn so much in school this year!
    A Hershey's Hug because we all need hugs now and then. If you need one, just let me know!
    An eraser because remember, it's OK to make mistakes. That's how we learn!
    A peanut because I'm nuts about you!

The kids love getting these little baggies filled with goodies!! Hope this helps!

9. herins

herins Companion

Jul 15, 2005

Oh my! That is adorable! Now I have another reason to go shopping! Thank you!

10. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Jul 15, 2005

I read Thank You, Mr. Faulker by Patricia Pallaco on the first day of school. You can print bookmarks from her website so I give each student a laminated bookmark with a bee sticker on the back with their names written in gold pen. I also print out individualized business cards for the kids since their job for the year is to be the best students they can possibly be. Lots of the kids keep those all year. For their birthdays, I give them a bag with theme related items in it. This year my room is decorated in frogs so I got the kiddos little stuffed frogs and some frog toys. On the last day of school I give them a laminated scrapbook page with pictures from the first day as well as candid shots from throughout the year on bee print paper with the quote from the Patricia Pallaco book.

11. hanvan

hanvan Connoisseur

Jul 15, 2005

As you Texas teachers know we can't give candy to our kids...but I mail out a post card before school starts and then give them a first grade pencil. They like it and its pretty cheap and easy