Gifted and Talented Case Manager?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by peachacid, Mar 15, 2012.

1. peachacid

peachacid Companion

Mar 15, 2012

Hey all - I was just asked by my principal to be the gifted and talented case manager for one student. I've never done anything like this before! I googled, and only found programs that exist at other schools. Does anyone have any experience with being a case manager for a student?

I wonder if I will work with her one-on-one on "independent" projects, or if I will just work with her teachers to ensure she's being challenged...

I am supposed to meet with our special ed. director but she is "mad" at me because some books from my room are now being housed in hers...:|

3. TeachOn

TeachOn Habitué

Mar 15, 2012

I am supposed to meet with our special ed. director but she is "mad" at me because some books from my room are now being housed in hers...

Idiocy. Why do people do that?!

4. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Mar 15, 2012

I've never heard of that either. Either way it works-pull-out or oversight, it seems like maybe a fun assignment! There have been several threads lately about kids who aren't able to get the challenged they need-that would ensure this student would! :thumb:

5. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Mar 15, 2012

With only one student, I would think that it would involve working with her teachers to ensure that her needs are being met. However, you might have to work 1-1 with her on some of the work as the teacher might not be able to meet all the other needs as well.