Gift ideas for the bride's Bachelorette party

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Peachyness, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Feb 23, 2011

We're all (bridal party and guy/gal friends and groom) heading down to Disneyland for the Bachelorette party. One of my friends who's attending just asked about bridal gifts. Eeeek. I totally didn't think about that with everything going on (moving, hunting for a new job, etc).

So, could you guys share some gift ideas? I don't want to waste money on anything cheesy or gag gift type thing. This is my first time being involved in a wedding, so I have no clue about anything. :D

3. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Feb 23, 2011

Hmmm? What about purchasing a cute Disneyland picture frame and then placing a group picture of us down in Disneyland in there? But, then that means she won't get this gift until after the party.....

4. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Feb 23, 2011

I have a really cute panty poem that you could have different bridesmaids purchase panties to go with it. I don't know how to post links so let me see if I can find the title to google.

5. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Feb 23, 2011

It's on Diva Girl Parties and Stuff and it's listed as funny Panty Poem or something like that. Really cute and not expensive if you each puck a pair of panties to buy. I plan on doing this for my friends party in a month.

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Feb 24, 2011

A must: bride and groom Mickey ears:

http://www.disneystore.com/disney-s...t/mp/1254775/1000292/?Nr=pPublished:1&D=bride and groom ears&Ntk=All_Shopping&Nu=pProductID&Ntt=bride and groom ears&Dr=pPublished:1&Ntx=mode matchallpartial&Dx=

http://www.disneystore.com/disney-s...t/mp/1254789/1000292/?Nr=pPublished:1&D=bride and groom ears&Ntk=All_Shopping&Nu=pProductID&Ntt=bride and groom ears&Dr=pPublished:1&Ntx=mode matchallpartial&Dx=

Have eveyone chip in for a Photopass and CD. http://www.disneyphotopass.com/Then take billions of pictures. That way she'll have lots of pictures of the weekend.

And, while there, pick up some Disney ornaments for her Christmas tree if she celebrates Christmas. That first Christmas can get expensive.

7. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Feb 24, 2011

I have a set of those ears!!! They will have a special meaning if they like Disney!!!

8. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Feb 24, 2011

I've never been to a bachelorette party myself. I've given a bride a gift (where it's of course something both husband & wife could use), but isn't it at the bachelorette party when the bride-to-be is given lingerie & other sexy type gifts? Otherwise, how about everyone chipping in for a huge gift card amount to her favorite store? Also, how about putting together a big frame of pictures of all the fun times each person's had with the bride in years' past?

9. thirdgradebuzz

thirdgradebuzz Comrade

Feb 24, 2011

Where I am from, brides do not receive gifts at Bachelorette parties unless they are combined with a Lingerie Shower (but usually they are not). I would be clueless too about what to give at a Bachelorette Party, but I like the bride and groom Mickey ears idea a lot! One of my friends honeymooned in Disney and loves her set to pieces!

10. MuggleBug

MuggleBug Companion

Feb 24, 2011

I was also going to suggest the bride and groom ears. DH and I bought some on our honeymoon, then passed them on to his brother who got married 2 weeks after us. We also purchased bride and groom Mickey and Minnie dolls to keep.

At my bachelorette, I got lingerie, Victoria's Secret gift cards, and gift bags of things like body wash, nail polish, etc. Oh, and my sister also purchased a game of Pin the Junk on the Hunk but we never got to play it. hehe