Gift for Room Mom

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by msaly, May 23, 2012.

1. msaly

msaly Comrade

May 23, 2012

Hi Everyone-

I need some ideas on what to get my room mom for the end of the year.. it completely slipped my mind and I only have 2 days left to get something!! I can't afford much so something around maybe $10 or so? Any ideas??

Thanks!

3. Jayneorama

Jayneorama Rookie

May 23, 2012

What about Bath and Body Works lotion? Everyone can use it (well, most everyone), it isn't going to go bad, and it's not too expensive.

4. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

May 23, 2012

A cute picture frame with a picture of the child. Even better if you have a picture of the child doing something like paint or messy stuff. If you have preschool graduation, get a graduation themed frame and snap a picture of the child in their cap a few days early to put in it. You can usually find a graduation frame at target or Kohl's for around $10 and Kohls always has super cute kid themed frames for other pictures.

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 23, 2012

My Home Depot as potted herbs in nice oval containers this time of year...the kids sign the pot with Sharpies and I put a flower die cut on a skewer into the midst of the herbs...wriitten on the flower is: "Thanks for the good thymes this year".

6. ami6880

ami6880 Companion

May 23, 2012

I made these for my room moms, helpers and team.

http://eatatallies.com/2011/06/cookie-mix-in-jar/

You can get a pack of 12 quart sized jars at Kmart for $10, most of the other stuff I had. It really was quite cheap and they turned out cute :)

7. Blue

Blue Aficionado

May 24, 2012

I have made those cookie mix in a jar. They are so much fun to make--and try to keep the kids from eating the m and ms.

I found jars at the Dollar Store.

8. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jun 8, 2012

I know moms always love pictures of their little darling. You can always make a picture collage thru Walgreen's Photo dept. Hopefully you have some pictures of her child in action...and of her too working in the classroom.

9. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jun 8, 2012

I had two Room moms this year. I gave them each a framed picture of the class, a framed collage photo with pictures of their child, and a hand written thank you note.

10. teachart

teachart Comrade

Jun 9, 2012

My mom was the room mom the entire time I was in elementary school. She is allergic to perfumes, so that would not have been a good gift for her! However, if you've observed your room mom using perfumed lotions then it would be a great idea.