Ghost Hunters

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by ChristyF, Oct 20, 2010.

1. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Oct 20, 2010

I love watching this show, but I've made the mistake of watching it tonight - while I'm home alone. :whistle: So now all the lights in the house are on. I almost threw the cat (she jumped in my lap with no warning at an intense moment). I changed the tv to Throwdown with Bobby Flay - much less scary!:rolleyes:

3. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Oct 20, 2010

lol...I love those shows!

4. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 20, 2010

ChristyF, I don't blame you. All those ghost shows give me the creeps, my curiosity keeps me watching sometimes. I can't watch that stuff if I'm home alone at night either. During the day's OK since I have all day to get my mind off it.

5. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Oct 20, 2010

I love these shows! I hardly ever watch because my kids are always around though.

This past weekend, there was a ghost hunting seminar at a museum about an hour from my house. The museum is called Trails and Rails, so they called it Trails, Rails, and Wails...I heard it was deliciously scary!

There is also a haunted woods near my house-a couple acres of woods, down in a valley, that has this trail you walk through with the haunted house stuff...VERY scary! Pitch black, most of the walk!

6. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 21, 2010

Speaking of the haunted houses they set up at Halloween, I walked through a haunted house for the 1st time ever in my life earlier this yr...at Universal Studios, so it wasn't that disturbingly frightening. Not my cup of tea. I'd only go again if I'm in a long line of people in front of me & behind me!

7. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Oct 21, 2010

I love those shows too. The creepiest for me is when they catch the voices on tape. There was an old lighthouse once with what sounded like kids saying something like "come play". oooh-gave me chills.

8. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Oct 21, 2010

Oh, those shows are my favorite. The voices are definitely the creepiest part. I attended a ghost hunting seminar when I was in college hosted by the Warrens (they were famous psychics/ghost hunters years ago) and I swear I felt chills the entire time! We have a local paranormal group and they go out to haunted places all the time. One of the guys took a ghost picture and won the Ghost Hunter picture contest a few years ago.

9. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Oct 21, 2010

My dd and I love these shows too. Our favorite is "My Ghost Story" and it probably one of the scariest and creepiest show.

10. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Oct 21, 2010

I've never seen that one. What channel is it on?

11. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Oct 21, 2010

I believe it is on Biography channel. Regular people talk about thier encounters with ghosts and it is usually really creepy.

12. MuggleBug

MuggleBug Companion

Oct 21, 2010

My DH and I watch it together sometimes. They did one last spring that was at a place 10 minutes from where we live - and it is definitely a creepy place!

13. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 21, 2010

There are SO many paranormal TV shows these days! That shows just how many paranormal incidents are occurring all around us.

What I fear is that there are increasingly more & more ghostly locations in the country/world because as time passes & more tragedies occur, that's more of a chance of souls staying on earth & ghostly things happening...according to experts who explain why places are haunted.

I hate this kind of stuff because it creeps me out! :mad:

14. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Oct 21, 2010

I don't watch a lot of them because - well, to me they seem to sensational and fake. I love Ghost Hunters, though, because of the approach they take with everything. Sometimes, though, it just gets to me, and I'm reminding of the 5,000 or so acres of woods in my backyard (Ntl. Forest) and how far my neighbors are from me, lol.

15. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

Nov 1, 2010

Know this is an older post, but I watched a bunch of the Ghost Hunters Live show last night. I do like their approach. I watched one of the other shows (Ghost Aventures???Maybe)?? and the host, a young guy yelled the whole time and was SO dramatic! I like the TAPS team because they seem so calm (most of the time) and are just as interested in disproving as proving experiences.

16. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Nov 1, 2010

That's why I respect them so much (and why I get all heebie jeebied when they get excited about something). They are really scientific in their approach and are more about proving and disproving than putting on a show.