Getting rid of meetings

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MooSRI850, Sep 8, 2016.

1. MooSRI850

MooSRI850 Rookie

Sep 8, 2016

Hello everyone,

I am a first-year administrator at an international school. Every week, I am scheduled for about 4-5 hours of meetings. But, what ends up happening is that some of the meetings that involve only administrators can last 2-3 hours and this causes me to lose so much of the day.

So, I want to suggest either an alternative to meetings or completely getting rid of them. I was thinking of using an online collaboration tool like Slack or Campfire so that we can collaborate online while we work on other things.

Do any of you have this, or something similar, at your schools? I would love to have as many ideas as I can so that I can recommend a change (my leadership would be supportive of this if I can give them good alternatives).

3. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Sep 8, 2016

Please report back after you solve this problem. My admin is gone quite often for meetings so I'm interested in the solutions.

4. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 9, 2016

Are you able to take care of at least some of the issues using collaborative documents on Google Docs?

Backroads likes this.
  5. Rox

Rox Cohort

Sep 9, 2016

I second using Google Docs. If you use something else (or even Google Docs), be prepared to provide some training so that others are familiar with how to use it best.