Getting ready

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Tasha, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jul 27, 2013

How much do you prep the night before to get ready for school? I started out pretty good last year, but slacked off at the end. My husband starts a new position soon and won't be here to help get the kids ready, so I need all the help I can get ;)

I'm thinking I can:
    Make my lunch
    Put my bag in the car
    Prep the kids cups and snacks (they snack on dry cereal on the wy to daycare)
    Get all of our clothes and shoes laid out

I always got the kid's stuff out, but was often looking for my shoes, so I need to work that out. I'm thinking of planning my whole week of clothes on Sunday.

3. thatgirlyouknow

thatgirlyouknow Rookie

Jul 27, 2013

I go through cycles of intense motivation and preparation. During these phases, I'll spend Sundays making my lunches for the week.

Usually, though, I throw some teachery clothes on last minute and grab a Kind bar before I head out the door. ;)

4. Bella2010

Bella2010 Habitué

Jul 27, 2013

Make my lunch
    Make my DS's lunch
    Lay out my clothes and DS's
    Put anything that needs to go to school or with my kiddo for the next day in my car
    I try to do everything the night before so that I can just roll out of bed, get ready, do the same with DS and head out the door. I am so not a morning person. :|

Beth

ETA: I'm going to try really hard to plan out my wardrobe and DS's on Sunday night, too. That would make life sooooo much easier during the week. I think, lol.

5. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 28, 2013

No kids (other than the dog, cat, & hubby) at home, so it's a bit easier for me, but I do the following:

On the night before:
    pack my car (books, papers, laptop, etc.)
    lay out my clothes (including shoes)
    make my lunch
    make my breakfast (or pack the makings for it in my car for the upcoming week - thank the Lord I have a micro & fridge!)

That way, on the morning of, I just:
    brush my teeth
    feed the animals
    jump in the shower
    comb my hair (it is short, so that makes it easy!)
    get dressed
    grab my purse, phone, & keys
    and go!

6. Myrisophilist

Myrisophilist Habitué

Jul 28, 2013

Know where my car keys and school keys are located! I try to put them in the same spot every time I come home so I won't lose them.

7. Pencil Monkey

Pencil Monkey Devotee

Jul 28, 2013

I have a friend that sets out clothes every Sunday for her whole family. She organizes the outfits for the whole week this way.

8. paperheart

paperheart Groupie

Jul 28, 2013

I try to get all outfits along with jewelry/accessories ready before the week starts. If I have outfits ready, showered the night before and have a lunch ready to go, the morning goes smoothly. If not, I usually make a mess trying to get ready in time.

Last year, I ate a Lean Cuisine type meal everyday for lunch, but I am trying to break that habit for next year, so I will have to be more mindful to prepare something the night before.

Oh, I always bring a large stock of snacks and water to work so I don't have to worry about it each morning.

9. AZMrs.S

AZMrs.S Cohort

Jul 28, 2013

The night before I usually:
    make my lunch
    iron anything that needs it ( I usually plan what I'm going to wear)
    make sure everything I need to take with me is all together

10. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Jul 28, 2013

Yep...this is me, too! :thumb:

11. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jul 28, 2013

I plan what I'm going to wear, make my overnight oats for breakfast, and think about what I'll have for lunch. I only have myself to worry about it the morning, am an early bird, and am up LONG before I have to leave for work so I have time to do anything else in the morning.

12. Aussiegirl

Aussiegirl Habitué

Jul 28, 2013

I pack my bag and laptop and put in the kitchen so I can grab it o the way out, sometimes iron, but at the very least I think about what I want to wear in the AM. It so depends on my attitude and mood. DH makes my lunch in the AM and packs it with my breakfast drink in my lunch box. My keys and purse are almost always in my car (attached garage) so I rarely forget those. I struggle to remember my glasses (can see fine except for reading so it is easy to forget them).

13. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jul 28, 2013

I'm usually at school 30-40 minutes earlier than I have to be, but I have a time I want to leave by and my kids don't always cooperate. I probably just need to let it go and only get to work 20 minutes early when my kids aren't in any hurry. Great tips so far :)

14. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jul 28, 2013

Wow. I don't usually do anything... Of course, I would work until 11pm 5 nights a week at my retail job. Maybe I'll be better.