Getting my teeth professionally whitened today. Have you ever done this?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Peachyness, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 1, 2011

How did it go? How long was your teeth sensitive? Did it hurt? How long did your teeth stay white?

I've never done this before so I'm a little nervous. I'm just worried that something wrong will happen and my teeth will fall out. :eek: :rolleyes:

3. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Aug 1, 2011

It's been tempting. I doubt your teeth will fall out, as long as you're being treated by a professional.

Right now I've just started using a combination of Listerine pre-brush rinse (it has hydrogen peroxide) and a Sonicare brush. It's only been two rounds so far so I at least know I've brushed off my morning coffee stains pretty thoroughly.

4. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 1, 2011

Wow wow wow!!!
    Well, I'll start off with the positive:
    my teeth look great!!!

And they didn't fall off. :D

Now with the negatives:
    my lips are super sore (I have a small mouth and my lips were pulled out).

The dentist accidently brushed her finger, which had some bleach on it, over my bottom lip and it hurt soooooo bad.

Sitting there for over an hour was so boring and tiring.

I had a frog in my throat and couldn't do anything about it.

And, halfway through I had to pee so badly. I jumped into the bathroom as soon as she cleaned me up and removed all of the lovely stuff in my mouth.

I have this icky taste in my mouth.

While I am very pleased with the results, I honestly don't know if I could sit through all that again. It was not fun at all. In fact, she stopped it 10 minutes early because I was done. Mentally, I felt like I was trapped in a little box and needed to get out. So, I'm going to try my hardest to keep my teeth stain free, which means always brushing my teeth after eating every single meal. I have a good healthy whitening toothpaste that should work to keep my teeth stain free.

5. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Aug 1, 2011

Peachy, can I ask how much it cost?

6. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 1, 2011

$400! I think that's really good because a few years ago, my old dentist charged, I believe around $600. So, I purchased a take home kit instead that ended up costing between $400 and $500. And, it didn't work at all.