getting irritated with aesop

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by kikiboniki, Oct 26, 2011.

1. kikiboniki

kikiboniki Rookie

Oct 26, 2011

This is the second night in a row I have accepted a job only to have it cancelled immediately after. Last night it happened twice. I know what is happening. Teachers are putting the jobs in and in contact w/ their preferred sub. If the preferred does not pick it up because someone like me gets to it first, they are cancelling it and putting it back into the system :( My district does not allow subs to be requested and its upsetting that I am doing the work to find a job only to have it cancelled. calling the sub desk to gripe tomorrow.

3. Joy

Joy Cohort

Oct 29, 2011

Did your call get you anywhere? I have found that I actually like aesop better than subfinder. I can get requested with subfinder but the random jobs are very hard to pick up! The district where I sub that uses aesop is very easy to get jobs from. I did have one job that I picked up last spring off aesop several weeks before the teacher's absence. It was getting into the time of year that is pretty hard to get jobs. The teacher canceled the job the day before. She just decided not to be gone. I was kind of annoyed because I didn't get another job for that day and had turned down other days from other districts prior to having it canceled. I guess she couldn't really help it but it would be nice if aesop would then give you the next job that comes open.