getting discouraged

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by teach42, Jun 19, 2009.

1. teach42

teach42 Comrade

Jun 19, 2009

I got an email asking me if I was available for an interview and I replied yes and so far, I haven't heard back from them. It's been almost a week and they said they are near the end of the interview process. That's why I'm so worried. I'm out of state so don't even know how they would do the interview. How long am I supposed to wait and why would they even bother to ask if they don't want to interview me? I'm not very good at interviews but it sucks that no one is even giving me the chance. You have no idea how many emails I've gotten about how the job is already filled before I even got a chance or they would contact me if the person that was offered the job would somehow miraculously decline the offer.:(

3. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Jun 19, 2009

I would call them and see if they still want to interview me. Try not to get too discouraged yet, there is still a lot of hiring that will be done this summer. Good luck!

4. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jun 19, 2009

Call them! Call them! Call them! Quick!

5. mego65

mego65 Comrade

Jun 19, 2009

Call! I know it feels very discouraging I finally got my first interview this week. A lot of us are in the same boat, but we all hope that things will pick up soon.

6. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Connoisseur

Jun 19, 2009

I would call call call. Just remember it is darkest before the dawn. I spent the begining of this week so discouraged about jobs and got an offer yesterday!!! So chin up. Oh by the way some schools do phone interviews and if your real lucky you can get a teaching interview at Denny's. lol Read my previous posts in another thread you will understand.

7. frogger

frogger Devotee

Jun 19, 2009

Call and touch base with them.

8. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jun 19, 2009

Call!

9. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jun 19, 2009

Everyone here has been where you are. You just never know when that call might come. Keep the faith. I know it is tough now. Keep the faith! Repeat after me: I AM WORTHY! I AM GREAT!

10. teach42

teach42 Comrade

Jun 19, 2009

Thank you guys so much for your encouragement. I did call them but couldn't reach anyone so just left a message. I don't even know if the person would get it because I'm not sure what their summer hours are. I guess if they don't call back, it just wasn't meant to be and they're not that interested. Regardless, I got two calls today and so I have two phone interviews next week. Thank goodness they didn't email me and called me instead to set it up directly. Finally, an interview. One of the schools seemed really interested in me and the lady told me that outright. I'm so nervous and excited at the same time but trying not to get my hopes up so I won't be too disappointed later on. Thank you God!

txmomteacher2, I will check out the thread.

11. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Jun 19, 2009

I'm sorry you didn't get through, but it's great that you set up two interviews! Good luck!

12. goodapple

goodapple Rookie

Jun 19, 2009

Even if they don't call, it could still happen! I didn't hear about my job for a month and then got a call this week with a job offer. Don't lose hope!! Good luck.

13. mego65

mego65 Comrade

Jun 19, 2009

Good luck with your two phone interviews.

14. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Jun 22, 2009

best wishes on your interviews