Getting Discouraged

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by WarriorPrncss, Sep 1, 2017.

1. WarriorPrncss

WarriorPrncss Companion

Sep 1, 2017

Long story short--- I was officially issued my credential this past week. Prior to that I taught as an intern and then on an emergency permit, so this year I was unable to secure a job without my credential... which I didn't officially get until after the school year began...

In the past month I've been on 5 interviews. 3 of which I did not get, 2 of which are taking their sweet time-- in fact one hiring committee told me their HR takes 2-3 weeks to get back to candidates.

I am SO discouraged. I have my credential, now. I have 2 years of self contained, solo teaching (plus student teaching). I feel like I am pretty personable, friendly, but not too upbeat, and that my interview answers are, at worst, average... I can't say I don't interview well, because while I feel I get flustered, I tend to be a fair articulate person and it's likely me just being hard on myself. I don't know what more to do...

3. rpan

rpan Cohort

Sep 2, 2017

Not sure there is anything you can do. Except to wait and keep applying in the mean time. Find out about subbing opportunities if you need the money.

4. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Fanatic

Sep 2, 2017

I would also speak to your college to see if anyone in the ed department can do a practice interview for you and offer critiques.

Also if you think your answers are average, craft some above average answers.

WarriorPrncss and bella84 like this.