Getting Discouraged

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by TeachLI123, Aug 13, 2011.

1. TeachLI123

TeachLI123 Companion

Aug 13, 2011

I interviewed last Tuesday for a third grade teaching position and was called back to give a demo lesson on Thursday. The demo went ok I would have changed a few things and tweaked a little but overall I felt I had done a good job. When I was leaving the principal told me she hopes to talk to me soon and the superintendent said so long (has me a little worried). I later learned that the principals godson had also applied for the position so I'm not hopeful that I got the position. However, since I haven't heard from the school I still have my fingers crossed. How long does it usually take after a demo to get a reply? If I don't get the position I have a choice of being an assistant at a local school or an aide with the school I have been with for the past three years. Any input on this situation would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 13, 2011

You may not have been the only one giving a demo; they can't make a decision until all the demos are over.

I assume you're on Long Island?? Keep in mind-- while some of the country has started school, we still have THREE WEEKS left-- summer is just more than half over. Still too early to give up.

And being her godson may not work in his favor-- he has to blow away the whole hiring committe to avoid the appearance of nepotism.

Can I assume you've applied to these openings?
    https://www.pnwboces.org/teacherapplicationSSL/Jobs.aspx

and this one?
    http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSee...ExpHigh=gt50;ExpLow=0;MaxLowExp=-1&IPath=JRTM

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 13, 2011

I sent you a PM, but forgot something.

Why not run your cover letter past some of the people here. Does it just scream "YOU" or is it fairly generic?

Many people here have had lots of luck including a story or two of a particular student they've successfully reached.

5. nyteacher85

nyteacher85 Companion

Aug 13, 2011

I'm from Long Island and I have had zero interviews. The one I did have scheduled got cancelled! I'm e-mailing principals right now hoping that something good will happen. Good luck with your position, I hope you hear something soon!

6. TeachLI123

TeachLI123 Companion

Aug 13, 2011

I wish you the best of luck in your search!!