Getting aesop notifications at all hours of the night/morning

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by Cinderfella, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Cinderfella

Cinderfella Rookie

Jan 16, 2014

I have never been able to figure out how Aesop posts their substitute positions. I get notifications at 4:30am on Saturdays or at midnight on a school night. Do they post them at certain times like in a batch or do you think that they post them as they are called in.

Nothing worse than getting a notification at 3:30am for a job next week. Just can't get back to sleep.

Is it my school district or is it like that for everyone?

3. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jan 16, 2014

If memory serves, they pop up as each teacher enters one. You might be able to adjust your notification settings to avoid alerts or to get them only at certain times. I think I only got phone alerts if it was crunch time to fill it.

4. Nietzsche

Nietzsche Companion

Jan 16, 2014

Districts have the ability to configure Aesop so that preferred and subs certified in that area get notified first. Others won't see the job until later depending on the amount of time until the job starts. I have used C4C and Jobulator and received alerts at odd hours usually for these reasons.

5. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jan 16, 2014

I think that if the notifications bug you, you should put your phone on silent or Do Not Disturb while you're sleeping. Easy fix.

6. HeatherY

HeatherY Habitué

Jan 16, 2014

I agree!

I set my phone to Do Not Disturb from 10 PM to 6 AM. It's under settings. Even jobulator will ping you all night long. I'm surprised that the system doesn't have off limits call times.

7. bora

bora Rookie

Jan 16, 2014

I don't accept phone calls or text messages. I go to the AESOP website and check if there is any notifications. Change your settings, preferences if it bothers you.

8. Cinderfella

Cinderfella Rookie

Jan 16, 2014

I know I can change my notifications but don't because I am one of the preferred subs and the jobs get snatched up within seconds. Just wanted to know who sets up the notification times and how it works.

glad I am not the only one getting woke up. Actually, that is how I get most of my sub jobs is the middle of the night/morning.

9. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jan 16, 2014

this is pretty much how it works in my district. Kind of an early bird gets the worm situation in terms of subs getting jobs.