Getting adults to do their homework is just as difficult!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Peachyness, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 29, 2013

I work for a software company. I work with clients who own a fitness type business and uses the software to keep track of their classes, appointments, events, staff payroll, etc. Anyways, my job is to train these clients on how to set up the software to meet their needs. And, part of my job is to send them off with homework to work on before our next appointment. ...... ugh..... a big percentage of these clients don't even log in to their software by our next appt or sometimes they log in RIGHT before our appt (I make it a habit see see when and how often they've been logging in).

And what's tough is, I can't make them do their homework during fun time like in school! :D:rolleyes:

Oh, by my clients who are or used to be classroom teachers are REALLY good at getting their homework done! :p

3. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Aug 30, 2013

I guess it's not that important to them.

4. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 30, 2013

That's what's so surprising to me and my colleagues. These owners are spending a monthly fee to have this software-- it's not cheap! I would think they would be a bit more invested. Ah, well...

:p

5. bison

bison Habitué

Aug 30, 2013

I can't say I'm surprised!