Getting a ticket

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Pisces_Fish, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Chrissteeena

Chrissteeena Companion

Sep 20, 2010

I've been driving since 2003; I've never gotten a ticket. I got pulled over twice, while I was still living on Long Island for not using a hands free device with my cell phone (it was on speaker but I was holding it up on the wheel. Like holding the wheel and the phone with one hand). Either way, I had a PBA card because of my Uncle; they let me go both times.

2. Sarge

Sarge Enthusiast

Sep 20, 2010

1979 Failure to stop
    1982 Speeding on a military base
    1982 Speeding on a military base
    1984 Failure to stop at the entrance to a military base
    1984 Speeding
    1985 Speeding
    1985 Speeding
    1988 Driving with expired tags, fix-it ticket for tail light
    1991 Driving with an expired license, fix-it ticket for tail light

I did a lot of other stuff in the 80's for which I was never caught.

3. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

Sep 20, 2010

I am surprised at speeders in Florida because our speeding tickets are very expensive. I think from 1-10 miles over the limit, it is $150.00 plus other costs added on, and it goes up exponentially from there. Unfortunately, the laws aren't enforced much.

4. 3Sons

3Sons Enthusiast

Sep 20, 2010

One ticket in the early 90's for not wearing a seat belt.

I was pulled over once for driving too slowly. I was looking for the least expensive gas station at 4 am on a highway with lots of them, and the police thought I might be drunk. They had me do a bunch of sobriety tests (all of which I passed, since all I'd had was soda). I wasn't ticketed.

I was also pulled over once for driving with my hand out the window (no, I wasn't making any kind of offensive gesture ;)). I wanted to know what the cold rain felt like while driving. No ticket.

Once I was questioned by police while at a Greek festival. My mother had bought a bottle of wine which we split (this was maybe a few months after I turned 21). I was walking around the festival by myself, finishing the last of it. I didn't have any id, and almost certainly looked like I was under 21. I think it was mainly a confident, amiable nature that convinced them not to take me in to the police station.