getting a new: principal, asst. principal, councelor, secretary!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by PEteacher07, May 22, 2007.

1. PEteacher07

PEteacher07 Cohort

May 22, 2007

so we are totally changing next year. i am happy though b/c i never really liked my principal much b/c anytime we went to him with a concern about things happening in our gym, he didn't do much to help us out.

i want to start out on a good foot witht he new guy. i want to start a running club at my school, and there are other things i want to talk to him about. we met him today and he said that he would like ot sit down with all the grade levels and meet ppl in june, but i would like to sit down with him alone without the other PE teacher b/c there are things i watn to discuss with only him.

when should i go about doing htis. (this is the last week of school.) i don't want to overwhelm the man when he is coming to a brand new school not knowing anyone and having lots of things to get in order.

3. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

May 22, 2007

Have you thought about sending him an email stating that you have some exciting things you would like to discuss with him when he has the time. That way, he can approach you.

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

May 23, 2007

I think a memo or an email is the way to go. List your concerns, include a brief explanation, and ask to speak to him when the dust clears.

Honestly, though, with all the changes, these things are probably not on the top of his priority list. Because of all the changes, he may put you on hold till after school starts next fall.

5. Research_Parent

Research_Parent Cohort

May 23, 2007

I'm in agreement with MissFrizzle, send a note telling him you have some ideas, you like to discuss with him, when he gets a chance.

But remember, like Aliceacc mentioned, there are already a lot of changes going to happen, so you might want to hear his ideas first (b/c he might propose a few changes himself) and then send the note.

In the meantime, make up idea folders/box and put support for the ideas in each idea box, that way you can act quickly when he does ask.

6. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

May 23, 2007

Wow. That is quite and upheaval. We too are getting a new pricipal in the fall. We just found out this week that our current principal will not be returning. I'm not surprised or anxious (yet) but next year will be interesting.

7. PEteacher07

PEteacher07 Cohort

May 23, 2007

oh yeah, i totally get you about the priorities thing. he is going ot be many teachers asking for manythings.