Get to Target!!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Mrs_Barrett, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Mrs_Barrett

Mrs_Barrett Cohort

Jul 13, 2007

So I was at Target today to renew a prescription. Anyway, while I was waiting I checked out the $1 section. Get there now, because stuff flies off the shelves. I bought quite a lot, because they had some great stuff. I bought some table caddies (has three spots for glue, pencils and etc). They are very good quality. I purchased them at my old school from Lakeshore. I bought 3 beacuse that's all they had.

Also they had some plastic containers that you can use for putting books in. They remind me of the guided reading cardboard containers. They are high in the back and lower in the front. They also have a spot where you can write inside the plastic pocket. I'm using those for my daily plans. I plan on buying more once I see my new classroom.

I also bought some stampers, desk plates, and a helper bulletin board set. I just have to get the set laminated. They had a really good selection this year.

They also had some cute stickers (but I have tons of them). They also had a lesson plan book that I used last year. And much more. I would recommend getting there soon if you want the stuff, because my store was almost out of the containers (I think these are going to go fast).

3. srh

srh Devotee

Jul 13, 2007

Thanks for the sales news! I hope I can check ours out today...

4. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Jul 13, 2007

I'm still mad because I didn't see any $1 pocket charts last time.

5. shasha379

shasha379 Devotee

Jul 13, 2007

Yes, get to Target. They were already out of the caddies, but I am going to try two other Targets. They did have pocket charts in cool colors, record books, etc. Luckily I live within 30min of about 4 Targets:p .

6. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jul 13, 2007

Aw. Lucky YOU! I LOVE Target. I only have 1. :(

Last week I bought about 24 things from the teacher dollar spot. They didn't have the book bin or the caddies though.

7. Mrs_Barrett

Mrs_Barrett Cohort

Jul 13, 2007

I forgot to tell you guys about the pocket charts. I purchased one of them. They are very similiar to a daily schedule chart. I already have one of them, so I'm going to use it for other uses. I'm hoping that they get some more caddies in. I'll be in a bigger city next week, so I'm hoping that they have some at a Target there. :)

8. daysy_may

daysy_may Groupie

Jul 13, 2007

Oh, now I am excited, I will be going tonight!

9. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 13, 2007

Crayola crayons 24 pack, 20 cents
    Elmer's glue sticks, 2 pack: 20 cents.
    Book covers 69 cents.
    Plastic ruler: 27 cents.

lots more too.

Oh, yeah. We stocked up!

10. Amers

Amers Cohort

Jul 13, 2007

Thanks for the tip! I'll be in town tomorrow, so I'll check out the Target. Their building a new Target about 20 minutes from me, but they don't open until the 29th. :( Until the, I have a 40ish minute drive to the nearest Target.

11. newteachfl

newteachfl Companion

Jul 13, 2007

The Targets near me (Florida) don't have anything yet. I've even called some that would be a bit of a drive for me and they all act like they have no idea what I'm talking about. ....I'm growing very impatient, I want to get good deals too lol

12. Superteacher81

Superteacher81 Comrade

Jul 13, 2007

Yeah, I'm in Florida as well and have been to a couple of Targets a few times since these posts started and have found NOTHING! Florida needs to jump on the bandwagon! I want the stuff too!

13. Trice2006

Trice2006 Rookie

Jul 13, 2007

I guess my Target must be slow too. I went over there and ummmm nuthin...Very disappointing. Just my luck they will put all the stuff out when I'm in Myrtle Beach.

14. srh

srh Devotee

Jul 13, 2007

I went to my closest one first, but got NOTHING. Went a few miles further, to the bigger one, and WOO-HOO! I got name plates, helper chart, to do lists, Kinder books, self-inking stamps, ink pads, book marks, animal counters, and apple sticky notes (I'll use them for my "giving tree" for supply requests in the classroom). All this, and I spent $18!!!!!!!!!! I think the key is that some of the Targets do not have LARGE dollar areas. That's what the clerk said to me about the first one I went to. So check out the bigger stores. Happy shopping!

15. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Jul 13, 2007

I bought that job helper bulletin board set...what a deal a $1!!! I want to go get the bookmarkers too!

16. Amers

Amers Cohort

Jul 13, 2007

Are you guys finding the deals at Target Greatlands or regular Targets?

17. srh

srh Devotee

Jul 13, 2007

We only have regular Targets...that's where I went!

18. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Jul 13, 2007

I found a lot of this stuff at a bigger Target. Their dollar section was HUGE. The one by my house hasn't had any of the stuff out. I was there twice last week. But maybe I'll stroll by today and see if anything is out. I really want some of those caddys!!!

19. Amers

Amers Cohort

Jul 13, 2007

Maybe Target Greatlands are a midwest thing....

20. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Jul 13, 2007

I have already been there, got dictionaries and thesurs' for .50 cents each, scissors for .50 cents each, I got some note pads, some stamps and four of the pocket charts. I am a secondary teacher, but they going to be great. I will have one for the daily class schedule and one for 1/2 days and assembly schedule, and the other two for word wall stuff.

The whole idea of only writing out the schedule once this year, than over and over and over again.....bliss! (get an odd schedule and you have to write in on the board, by 5th period I had one it like 3 times, Grrrrrr!)

Yep good deals, now however I am out of money!

21. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 13, 2007

I found my stuff in the back to school section (in the back) not the dollar shop.

The dollar shop had lots of elementary stuff, but nothing I could use.

22. vannapk

vannapk Groupie

Jul 13, 2007

Would anybody who bought the caddies please post the upc number? The Dollar Spots in my area do not have the teacher items out yet -I personally checked 5 Targets- 3 Super Targets, 2 regulars. The Target Dollar Spot teacher items have been a very hot topic on my other forums and groups and somebody posted the upc to the pocket charts so I went to a Target today with the upc number and they went into the back room and got them for me! :) Somebody in one of my groups also said that July 22nd is the date when all Targets have to have the teacher stuff put out in their Dollar Spots, so that is why some have it out and others don't yet.
    I'm searching for all the Dollar Spot stuff because we will have 2 brand spanking new teachers on our team (again) this year and I usually make them "welcome to our team" gift bags/baskets. Last year I didn't get to the Dollar Spot right away when they put the teacher stuff out and by the 2nd day it was all gone :( Thanks!

23. hawkteacher

hawkteacher Comrade

Jul 13, 2007

I've been to Target everyday this week hoping, hoping, hoping that they'll put the teacher stuff out in the dollar bins.

Everyday . . . nothing. Empty shelves for an entire week!

I love Target, but right now, it's not my favorite place LOL

24. MissTexas

MissTexas Rookie

Jul 13, 2007

I just happened to stop by Target on my way home yesterday and to my surprise the teacher stuff was out in the dollar section!! I lucked out...BIG TIME!! I even had to go back and grab a cart! I got lots and lots of stuff! I found bathroom passes, the pocket charts, a grade book, lesson plan book, stamps, stickers, books, sticky notes, math bingo...etc. I LOVED IT!!!!!! I didn't seem to see the caddies though. Hmmmmmmm??? I may just have to go back!!!