Geometry Course for Subtest II

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by lucianamelo, Jan 22, 2007.

1. lucianamelo

lucianamelo Rookie

Jan 22, 2007

Hi everyone...Although I have posted only once, I have read through almost all of the posts about CSET MATH.
    I went through the description for Subtest II and found it very hard. I haven’t really seen geometry in over 10 years. I am planning to take this subtest in May, and I really need to learn everything by then.
    Does anyone know if Community Colleges offer a Prep Course for Geometry? I took Pre-Calculus at West Los Angeles College for Subtest I and I found it very helpful, I was wondering if there is something similar for Subtest II. I know there is a course at West Los Angeles for Probability and Statistics which I am planning on taking, but I did not see anything for Geometry… maybe at Santa Monica College?
    I would deeply appreciate if someone could help me on this and also guide me what books to study from.

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jan 22, 2007

A prep course for Subtest II per se, probably not... but if there isn't a decent geometry class at one or another of the West LA basin community colleges, I'd be very surprised, and I should think Santa Monica College would be a good hunting ground.

4. Malcolm

Malcolm Enthusiast

Jan 22, 2007

Math 120 Plane Geometry at WLAC would go a long way toward preparing you for the geometry part of CSET...

5. fannedbook

fannedbook Rookie

Jan 22, 2007

I don't think to worry about it too much, all you have to know is in your basic study book, but would recommend that you know how to explain your use of geometry for a simple problem. It wasn't the geometry that killed, it was probablility, my book didn't go into much explanation on that...

6. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jan 22, 2007

fannedbook, this thread is about single subject math, not multiple subjects math, which is a very different animal.

7. lucianamelo

lucianamelo Rookie

Jan 22, 2007

Hi Malcolm and TeacherGroupie,
    Thanks very much... Unfortunately WLAC is not offering Plane Geometry anymore, I looked at their class schedule, but Santa Monica College offers this course...
    I am planning on taking that and Statistics at WLAC because I think Statistics at WLAC is more comprehensive than the Basic Statistics that SMC offers. (Or do I only need to know Basic Statistics?) With these two courses I will still need some help with Three-Dimensional and Transformational Geometry (which I have no clue what it means :). (Or Does the Plane Geometry Course cover this subject?) If not, any idea where to learn that? Maybe a good book or a tutor? Any advice?
    Thanks again :)