Generic Book Report

Discussion in 'Sixth Grade' started by KWLme, Jul 22, 2008.

1. KWLme

KWLme Rookie

Jul 22, 2008

For summer reading this year, the incoming 6th grade students were allowed to choose two books from a recommended reading list. We don't usually make a big fuss over the summer reading, but if anyone has an idea or suggestion about a generic type of book report - something that can be used for a variety of books, instead of being book specific - I'd love to hear about it/them.

Thanks!

3. KWLme

KWLme Rookie

Jul 22, 2008

Peter Pan literature guide

I've been trying to find a literature guide or lesson plans to go along with "Peter Pan." Any suggestions?

4. trina

trina Companion

Jul 25, 2008

Our middle schoolers have to write a response paper on their two summer reading books. Here it is:
    2008-2009 Middle School Summer Reading Assignment
    6th Grade Holes by Louis Satcher
    My Side of the Mountain by jean Craighead George
    7th Grade Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry by Mildred D. Taylor
    When Zachary Beaver Came to Town by Kimberly Willis Holt
    8th Grade Sounder by William H. Armstrong
    The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
    Students are expected to have read these books before school starts. Students must answer the following questions about each book. Responses are to be written by the student neatly in pen in cursive on regular notebook paper using his/her best grammar. Be sure to use complete sentences, and do not number the answers. Write one paragraph per set of questions for a total of 4 paragraphs. Be as thorough as possible as this will be graded. The 2 reports are due the first day of school.
    What impressed you most about this book? What was your favorite part or scene?
    Which character did you like best? Why? Which character did you like least? Why?
    What did you learn from this book?
    Pretend you had to write a sequel or another chapter after the ending. What would happen?

5. KWLme

KWLme Rookie

Jul 25, 2008

Thank you Trina - this is very great. It's very much what I had in mind.