GASC -Special Educ general educ

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by bnewsome, Oct 2, 2006.

1. bnewsome

bnewsome Rookie

Oct 2, 2006

Help
    The new GASC is here and I am looking for a guide to use to study for the GASC exam for Special Education General Education. I ordered a practice book from ETS, but it does not have enough information. I did not locate on the GASC website an avenue to order the specific book for this specific test. Thanks for all your help. I finally passed the Praxis 1 (only needed one point). Now you have to be highly qualifed to teach in the different counties in GA. The GA Tapp program is full at this time. I have already completed my registration for the NOV 18 test for SPECIAL ED GEN EDUC, and the results will not be in until FEB 2007. Give me a break, the word is that we need special ed teachers, but it is so many loops to go through.:angel:

3. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Oct 2, 2006

Thanks for reminding me about this test! I totally forgot about it. What website did you go to in order to register for the class and how much was it? I heard in August that because it was a new test that there is no study guide.

4. bnewsome

bnewsome Rookie

Oct 2, 2006

gasc registration

I was reading the Georgia Professional Standard website (Licensure for GA) and there is a link for gasc and I was able to register on the website at gasc. The test was $150, $20 registration fee, and $65 per test x 2 -Part I and Part II

5. bnewsome

bnewsome Rookie

Oct 2, 2006

What are we suppose to use to study. If you go to the GASC website, there are small amounts of information on examples of the test, but I require a study guide. I have never taught Special Education in my life.

6. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Oct 3, 2006

The link for the Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators is http://www.gace.nesinc.com/.

bnewsome, I'm sorry you're feeling frustrated. Results from brand-new examinations are often delayed because passing scores need to be set: the GAPSC will collect the results from the first administration and then decide from them what the passing scores are, rather than setting an arbitrary passing score that may or may not reflect reality.

Looks like you're taking the Special Education General Curriculum exam. It seems that you've got two subtests in the battery, totaling 120 multiple choice questions and 3 constructed response questions, that you'll have four hours to complete both, and that you have the option of taking just one subtest and still having all four hours. (If it's any consolation, the CSET testing time is five hours and CSET-MS has 143 multiple choice questions and 11 constructed response questions.)

Have you had coursework in special education? How are you generally as a test taker?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2006
  7. bnewsome

bnewsome Rookie

Oct 18, 2006

GACE test in november

I am a good test taker if I know what to study before the test. I purchased a Special Education Teacher's guide for studying. Is that specific information that I should be looking for to study for the test. In my reading, the guide covers the legal aspect, the different types of documented disabilities, but not really how to handle specific scenarios. Is there something else I can look at to study for the test. I also visited the GACE website and printed the examples of the Special Education test. Thanks for any assistance.