games?

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by Guest, Apr 17, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Apr 17, 2002

Hi! I am currently a substitute teacher and I was wondering if anyone can give me some ideas on quick games that can serve as time fillers? If you have any ideas please respond. Thanks!

3. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Apr 17, 2002

One you can do (and tie in with whatever topic the kids are studying) is fruit basket upset. Everyone sits in a circle (chairs or tape marks), except for one person, probably you, in the center...person in center calls out a particular characteristic (wearing gym shoes, has been outside the country, has a dog, etc), and all those people have ot find a new seat, while the person in the center tries to find a seat. Repeat until you get sick of the game. Kids LOVE this game. You can make it work with a particular subject by whispering a particular animal, fruit, space creature, etc. to each kid and using those characteristics instead.

Another one you can do, not sure what age you're going for, but "Two Truths and a Lie" is always a good one... you think of 2 true things about yourself and 1 false thing, tell the group, and the group has to guess what the false thing is. The wackier the better. :)

Good luck! I'll try to think of some more. :)