Funny things our pets do!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TennisPlayer, Dec 10, 2008.

1. 1st-yr-teacher

1st-yr-teacher Comrade

Dec 23, 2008

A while back, I was talking on the phone and my dog(puppy then) came in with my bra wrapped around her. It was so funny. It looked like she was wearing it. I don't know how she did it but it was quite the laugh. Of course no one was there to see! I took it and told her she was not quite old enough:)

2. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Dec 23, 2008

I had a bird, a beautiful and smart cockatiel who liked to copy what my brothers bird, a type of small parrot (can't remember what kind) did. One thing my brother's parrot liked to do was stick her head through the bars of her cage. It was a large cage with bars that were kind of far apart, but not too far apart. So, she liked to stick her head through the bars. My cockatiel tried it, but got stuck. She squawked and squawked. I had to pull the bars apart to get her out. She never did that again.

Something else that my brother's parrot liked to do was climb out of another cage (started using that one later on) through the food cup door hole. We had to keep the food outside of this particular cage, so there was a hole in the cage where the food was supposed to go. Anyhoo, my brother's bird figured out how to get out of the cage by climbing through this hole. My bird, even though he was a bit smaller, tried climbing out when he was in the cage, and got stuck!!! He had one wing on the inside of the cage, and the other wing and his head outside. It was so FUNNY!!!!! It took a while to get him out of this situation.

Last, my brother's bird also figured out how to get out of cages by lifting up the food cup door and just climbing out. My bird tried this once, but wasn't as strong and the door fell down on his head trapping him. Poor thing. Luckily, I pulled up the door.

He was quite a character!! :D He loved to watch birds and us, and copy. :)

3. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Dec 24, 2008

When we moved, we adopted two lab mix puppies from a rescue. The boy, Toby, has the funniest expressions. He loves to sit on the couch with my hubby. But he sits on his behind, legs out in front, like a human. It is the funniest thing to see him sitting next to my hubby! He also loves to look at people upside down, and show his pretty teeth! I swear, it looks like he is smiling, and wearing dentures. Trixie is more quiet-but her favorite thing is to growl at Toby with her mouth open-so it sounds like Chewbacca from Star Wars!

4. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2008

I've got four cats, all with different personalities.

Scooter is my baby. I think he's bi-polar. One minute he's purring and the next he's growling and hissing. If I stop petting him when he has decided it's time for some loving, he growls at me to keep going. If it's raining, he stands at the door and growls. He doesn't want to get wet! He'll snuggle up against me, and if I call him a "bad cat" (affectionately), he'll growl at me. Just short little "hmmphs" for every "bad cat". It's like he knows what I'm saying.

5. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Dec 25, 2008

When I whistle, one of my cats bites my face. Why? Does she think I have a bird in my mouth?

6. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Dec 25, 2008

Merry Christmas All! My doggy had a great time opening his presents. It was so funny how he was sniffing all of the presents under the tree. He didn't rip any open though (like I was afraid he would). I finally gave him one of his presents and opened up the corner a little bit. As soon as he realized there was a toy inside he tore it open and yanked the toy out! It was soooo cute :wub:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GRRR pics are so big LOL

7. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Dec 25, 2008

NO! This is not funny BUT it is a MUST REPORT 'cause it
    TOPS IT ALL!

I'm watching my son's 3 yr old PUG; the ugliest face you can ever lay your eyes on; but people who love dogs say, "Oh! It's so cute!" NAH! I don't think so! No matter how you put it, it's still one ugly face!:D
    ANYWAY,
    I was changing our beddings one morning, and I had to take off to the kitchen BUT when I returned, Mr. Ugly Face decided to jump on our bed, and legged one on it. HE MARKED OUR BED LIKE IT WAS HIS territory! How rude it that?
    Boy! I was ticked off AND luckily I couldn't find him right away OR he would have been in a LOT OF PAIN.
    I laughed about it later, after I disinfected the spot, washed it, and it took a while for it to dry. Hubby still doesn't know. He would have thrown him outside, in the cold, and then I would have felt sorry for him. He's a fun dog to have around though. He loves to play fetch & don't know when to stop eating. What an appetite! HE'S COOL!
    IT does make me laugh NOW every time I think about it.
    Pets are a form of therapy & every household needs one.
    Rebel1

8. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Dec 25, 2008

Well, I have a PUG so I guess he's a "mr. Ugly face" too LOL but I still think he's the most adorable thing alive!
    I think I would be mad if he peed on my bed but one funny thing that i have seen him do is if i give him a really large treat (something that's more than 2 bites worth) or a new chewy bone or something he grabs it and RUNS straight to my bed. I guess he wants to be comfy while stuffing his face LOL

9. DaTeach

DaTeach Comrade

Dec 25, 2008

My dog knows his stocking as you can see in the photo! He lies on the carpet and stares at it longingly!

[​IMG]

10. asgirl

asgirl Rookie

Dec 25, 2008

We have 2 chihuahua's -ambe and zak. Ambe is 13 and is unable to climb stairs so when someone lets her out she sits at the bottom of the stairs and yaps until someone goes and picks her up. Also, her owner lives 13 hours away for most of the year and everytime we ring her we have to put ambe on the phone because if we don't she yaps (she knows who we're talking to even if we don't tell her). The other day we were all outside (we were having an early christmas dinner with relatives who couldn't be here for christmas) and she must have been cold because she dragged her blanket up outside my door layed it down, layed on it and covered herself up with like someone had covered her with it. Zak on the other hand has been known to bury food in the driveway (rock) with his nose.

11. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2008

This is why I can't get a housekeeper! My dog does the same thing. When she was only about 12 weeks old I started up the vacuum and it scared her so badly that she peed (I felt SO bad)! Anyway, she has never liked the vacuum since.

12. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 26, 2008

TeacherNY, your pictures are very cute! Those Fat Cat Inc. toys are pretty sturdy. I got my dog a couple of them too.

13. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Dec 26, 2008

Those are the only toys he doesn't destroy in 5 minutes. Well, my mom got him a rubber T-bone steak and that seems to be holding up pretty well too :lol:

14. TeachCheri2008

TeachCheri2008 Rookie

Dec 26, 2008

My silly girl

My dog is a mix of jack russel terrior and maube yellow lab, we're not quite sure. She is adorable! She is short haired and honey colored, she ha a dark colick that runs up the middle of her nose. My youngest son named her Honey. He said, "she is the same color as honey, she is as sweet as honey, and when she gets to know you, she will stick to you like honey."
    She just started (like 3 days ago) this thing where when we are in our room watching TV and I am sitting in the chair, she will "talk" to me and carry on until I pick her up (she weighs 29 pounds) and cuddle her up with her blankie, and rock her to sleep! What gives?!:lol:

15. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Dec 26, 2008

Lizzie, my cat, rules my house. There are so many things she does, I couldn't list them all. The other day I had washed a load of towels and I dumped them on the couch. Of course Lizzie planted herself on top of the warm pile. I had a quilt that I had washed (thanks to her) that just needed a few minutes in the dryer to finish up. When I came back she was still on the pile of towels so I dumped the quilt on top of her. She wiggled until her eyes and nose were clear, then slept. She stayed in there for a good 45 minutes. I have sliding patio doors that she stays at all the time. I live at the edge of a national forest, so I always have visitors in my yard (coons, possums, rabbits, deer, etc). She growls at them the entire time they are out there. A young deer (looked like a button buck) got on my patio and she just about lost it. She kept running back to look at me, then back to door. I couldn't tell if she was being protective, or scared to death! :)

16. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Dec 26, 2008

We got that same stocking for one of our 2 dogs(other one is sadly in the kennel) except hers is red all over and not green with green trim and not red trim.