Funny story about my niece today! Share your own funny kid story too if you'd like!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TennisPlayer, Aug 9, 2011.

1. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Aug 9, 2011

My sister-in-law who lives out of state took their 15 month old to her dr. appointment today. As they were leaving the office, the dr. asked if she knew how to wave "byebye". So her mom says "no, we've been working on that for months even as her dad leaves to work but she hasn't been doing it"

Well as you can imagine, she waved as the doctor waved and said "byebye" hehehe.....wait til she tells her husband tonight who their daughter did wave to afterall!:lol:

3. missjessica

missjessica Rookie

Aug 10, 2011

Aw cute! My boyfriend's nephew is 10 months and is just starting to pull himself up onto tables and whatever else is around. Last week we weren't looking (literally for 2 seconds) and he pulled himself up alongside a box that was a little shorter than him. He leaned forward and the whole box tipped over. He ended up doing a summersault/flip over the box and landed in a seated position. He then gave the biggest smile ever and clapped three times!
    I'm pretty sure I would cry if I flipped over a box.

4. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

Aug 10, 2011

My friend's 3 year old was trying to say, "dang-nabbit" and ended up saying, "dam@ nuggets!"

5. 1st-yr-teacher

1st-yr-teacher Comrade

Aug 10, 2011

My niece is taking "vallet lessons"...not ballet lessons. She was sooo cute in her leotard!

6. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Aug 11, 2011

when my kids were younger and we were still doing the army thing, we came home for a visit and went to see my best friend (kids godmother) and she picked up my youngest son and told him you look just like your dad.....well my little smart alec at 2 1/2 didn't miss a beat and said

"no I don't!!! I have hair!!!"

of course everyone laughed so hard they nearly fell over.....and my hubbies hair wasn't just short because of his buzz cut if you know what I mean......

7. Harper

Harper Companion

Aug 11, 2011

Instead of "kennel up" which is what we say to put dog in crate, he says "cuddle up". Really sounds a lot nicer :)

8. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Aug 11, 2011

So I asked my sister in law if her daughter who I wrote about in my original post has waved since the other day...she said she has not!!