Funny Speech Error

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by catlover, Apr 13, 2014.

1. catlover

catlover Rookie

Apr 13, 2014

Picture the scene: I was walking around the classroom pontificating about what Romeo might have meant when he hypothesized that a personified Death might decide to take Juliet as a paramour. I was making a point about how he thought Juliet's attractiveness surpassed that of mere mortal women.

It was at that point that I asked my class to consider what it must mean if a supernatural being, Death himself, were to be enamored of "Juliet's immense booty."

Argh!!!!!

Well, we all had a good laugh. I told my class I was going to say the same thing all day long and pretend it was an accident. :eek:

3. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Apr 13, 2014

Too funny! We were reading In Cold Blood and discussing a specific part. I remarked to the kids "Wasn't that such a Dick type of move?" The character's name is Dick, but we were rolling laughing.

4. HistoryVA

HistoryVA Devotee

Apr 13, 2014

I have problems EVERY year when I teach about the nation's increasing sectional tensions. Thank god I teach high school. :p

5. willow129

willow129 Comrade

Apr 13, 2014

Gosh I have a really embarrassing swear story....my middle schoolers were labeling note names in an exercise and one of the measures spelled...

DBAG!
    Which I then said out loud (genuinely not realizing it was a swear until I said it) clapped my hand over my mouth and started laughing out of surprise. My 8th grade boys pretty much DIED. Luckily not everyone in the class actually heard me, it was just the small group I was working with and no one else got the joke. but...man...