funny kid sayings or pet stories!!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TennisPlayer, May 15, 2013.

1. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

May 15, 2013

I have been teaching online this year so I miss a lot of the day to day funny things kid say or do!

I would love to hear some funny things kids have said or even someth your pets have done lately!! :)

3. mkbren88

mkbren88 Cohort

May 15, 2013

After learning about butterflies (but not moths), one of my cuties announced: ' When butterflies get too hot, they turn into moths.' He was so serious and I didn't have the heart to burst his bubble. Bad teacher for leaving him with that misconception ha

4. Linguist92021

Linguist92021 Phenom

May 15, 2013

I have 2 cats. They don't get along too well, although they're very unpredictable, sometimes are ok the whole day, other times all I hear is moaning and hissing. One cat is old, about 12 years old, and have never been cuddly or affectionate. The other one is a baby, only about 8 months or so. He always wants to play with the old, who in turn moans and hisses.

the day we moved into my new house (2 months ago) we put of them in the bathroom while we moved furniture in. they both cuddled under the sink, they were the cutest things ever. I have 2 sinks in the bathroom, so over the course of a few hours they changed position and location, but stayed cuddled up. Head to head, body to body.
    By the end of the night they felt comfortable enough to go back their usual way and hating each other. It was really interesting. They're better overall, but would never cuddle.

5. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

May 15, 2013

Funny :)

My little three yr old niece said her dad's NAME instead of daddy etc when her mom sent her to go tell daddy to turn the heat on... hehe

6. stephenpe

stephenpe Connoisseur

May 15, 2013

Had a little girl the other day say: "I didnt know old people could do that" in response to my doing a head stand for her.

But the best was last week during the boys "growing up discussion" the nurse and I do each year. She takes the girls and I take the boys. I cannot remember what we were saying at the time but one boy responded by saying "Oh that is HOW you get hemorrhoids " It hits me so quick that all I could think of was to tell them to eat lots of FIBER to avoid them. They say some funny stuff I swear.

7. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

May 15, 2013

Well, today we went on a field trip to an art museum. I teach in a rural area; this was a very different experience for most of my kiddos. Our first stop was the restroom, which was nicely tiled. As we were washing our hands, one little girl (full of excitement and wonder) said to me, "Miss K., even the bathrooms are like art!"

8. stampin'teacher

stampin'teacher Cohort

May 15, 2013

The 5th grade teacher told me this story recently.

In 5th, they teach human development and the kids get to ask candid questions about puberty, sex, the human body, etc. These are my kiddos from last year, and they all know that I am currently out on maternity leave. They had just finished a discussion centered around conception and, basically, how babies are made. One kid raises his hand and says, "wait..so stampin'teacher just had a baby, right? So that means....."

My colleague said the look on some of the kids faces when they put two & two together as to how I got into that "state" was absolutely priceless.

9. OhThePlaces

OhThePlaces Cohort

May 16, 2013

This is about my own child (4 years old). Last weekend we were looking at old pictures from when I was pregnant. He said, "Mommy, how does a baby get in your belly? Do you chew it up and swallow it?!"

10. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

May 16, 2013

From my 5 year-old tutoring student: When you get really old, do you die on your birthday?

11. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

May 16, 2013

From my 15 month old nephew yesterday...he said "whoa" and "wow" after each bit of his homemade pasta meal....he loved it!

I melted from the cuteness.

12. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

May 16, 2013

Two of the kids from my favorite teacher moments have reached milestones. Boy is headed to the high school next year. He misspelled armadillo as armadildo on the spelling test. Girl graduates high school. Her answer to "name and describe two types of reproduction" was "sex and oral sex". She didn't describe, thank goodness.

Tonight while I was cooking supper, I heard the neighbor's dog bark. I opened the door to see what he was barking about, and he was barking at the kitchen door. I opened the door, and he walked in and went directly to the cabinet where I keep the dog treats. I gave him a treat, and he left. Rotten dog.

13. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

May 17, 2013

One 5 year old boy announced at lunch that his dog was getting neutered today so he'd quit humping. A little girl who didn't understand neutering said, "What's wrong with jumping?" He looked puzzled at her and continued eating.

14. scholarteacher

scholarteacher Connoisseur

May 17, 2013

I put my flash drive in the smart board computer to show something to my kindergarteners. When the flash drive file opened, the first thing that popped up was a picture of an old HS boyfriend from the 70s. The kids said, "Who is that?" I told them it was a former boyfriend. One kid says, "Did you dump him or did he dump you?"

15. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

May 17, 2013

hehehe these are funny! Thank you for sharing :)

16. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

May 19, 2013

While subbing in kindergarten one day I heard two boys arguing about who had bigger biceps. Neither from what I could see.

Another time in 1st grade we were looking for big rivers on the map and naming them. One child pointed out the Mississippi River and I told her how to say the name. The boy next to her asked "Where's the Mr. Sippy River?" I tried to hard not to crack up.

17. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

May 31, 2013

my dog is sorting through his reg dry food to get to the little people food I put on his food! It is like he is panning for gold...there are kibbles on the floor from his sorting on purpose to eat the little bibimbap I shared!

18. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Jun 1, 2013

This is hilarious.

19. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Jun 1, 2013

A conversation with a 4 1/2 year old; He started by saying that he wished he was the same color as me. I told him that God made us the way we are. He asked me if I had God's number so he can call Him about changing the color of his skin to mine. His explanation was because I was a cool and fun teacher!
    Rebel1

20. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Jun 1, 2013

That's fantastic!

21. Lisabobisa

Lisabobisa Companion

Jun 1, 2013

My room is infamous for always being cold. A fellow teacher walked in and commented, "WOW! Why is your room so cold?" One of my seniors working on the computer piped up "It's because Miss Lisabobisa is so heartless."

I just about died of laughter.

22. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jun 1, 2013

My daughter (3) kept telling me that her arm hurt and she needed medicine. I was getting worried because she is prone to pulling her elbow out of socket and it is very painful. I offered various medicines, lotions, band aids, etc... and nothing was making her feel better. Finally she saw the thermometer in the drawer, rubbed it in her underarm and declared it all better. :/